Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's out there.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Marino is being used regularly as a dock now that the CHC are the owners, plenty od activity there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

roundymac wrote: »
    Marino is being used regularly as a dock now that the CHC are the owners, plenty od activity there.

CHC?
    I think you mean Port of Cork. CHC are a helicopter company.
    The Harbour Commissioners are gone since the 90s.
    Its a nice deep berth too, with plenty of room to swing. 9m at the jetty, 11m in the channel. Currents can be challenging though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was driving down Howth head on Saturday overlooking Dublin bay and way off in distance could see the legs of this yoke on the horizon off wicklow. Offshore supply ship LB Jill on the Codling bank

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/photos/of/ships/shipid:1189923/ship_name:LB_JILL

showphoto.aspx?photoid=4258451

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

neris wrote: »
    Was driving down Howth head on Saturday overlooking Dublin bay and way off in distance could see the legs of this yoke on the horizon off wicklow. Offshore supply ship LB Jill on the Codling bank

I think it works on fitting wind turbines or research into the areas they can be built in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good work. Wasn't aware of the net thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Fairly chunky, ice breaking LNG tanker , Vladimir Vize, passing Howth Head soon.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

M

Such a shocking decision not allowing a LNG terminal to be built in the country.

Such a shocking decision not allowing a LNG terminal to be built in the country.

It's OK, nobody here uses LNG for anything.....

Apart from the Gas fired power stations and every single house that converted to piped gas heating over the years.....

Dohvolle wrote: »
    It's OK, nobody here uses LNG for anything.....

Apart from the Gas fired power stations and every single house that converted to piped gas heating over the years.....

Its ok bicycles and window boxes will save us :rolleyes:

neris wrote: »
    Its ok bicycles and window boxes will save us :rolleyes:

Huzzah.
    FFS, the Green Party leader can't even use a facemask properly. What hope is there for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Spotted a Belgian flagged trawler coming out of Howth today. I know they've been using Dun Laoghaire to off load before

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I wouldn't be too concerned, the Norwegians have this thing parked outside Murmansk on a permanent basis...

US Supply Ship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

WB Yeats is out for 24 hours now just outside Dublin Bay just going up and down. Does anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,925 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Looks like Dutch navy landing ship Rotterdam heading out of Dublin Port at the minute... followed by smaller L9527 assault ship.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:225671/mmsi:244159000/imo:9109756/vessel:HNLMS%20ROTTERDAM

Post edited by odyssey06 on

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Have been watching this, it's sitting off Dun Laoghaire at the minute, a second landing craft was present for a time.

Just watching Anna G (containership) at Dublin anchorage with 2 tugs and a pilot in attendance, engine problems perhaps? Four other ships at anchorage and 19 in Dublin port (excluding tugs/pilots), that's as busy as I've seen it in recent times.

Just looked at the recent tracking, Anna G was brought down from Warrenpoint by Mourneventure. Seems to be heading into Dun Laoghaire now where there's a fishing vessel being refueled on the Carlisle Pier.

• Advertisement

Dublin port appears to have ceased operations temporarily, there's a number of ships moving around the Irish Sea just off Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I was amazed to see the WB Yeats sailed from Dublin to Cherbourg overnight on Monday, must've been some crossing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Even more amazing was that Ulysses sailed from Dublin to Holyhead at midnight on the 8th, some 4 hours later than scheduled to sail. I am very glad I was not on it, they have just succeeded in docking at Holyhead on the 4th attempt, they eventually managed to get alongside and moored at about 23:45 on the 8th, so effectively an almost 24 hour crossing, so anyone that arrived in Dublin port on time for the planned departure has endured close on 28 hours of hell, as they spent most of today wandering around off Holyhead, along with Stena Explorer, that has just docked with the assistance of 2 tugs, having also tried several times to get in and failed. Stena Estrid is at present holding for a berth, and that's going to be a number of hours, and Epsilon was due to sail from Dublin at about 18:00, as the delayed 14:10 sailing, and eventually departed Dublin around Midnight. The winds at Holyhead have been NW around 40 Kts for most of the day, and are only starting to moderate slightly in the last hour or so.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Interesting visitor to Skerries:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Anyone know what cruiseship is anchored in Dublin bay this lunchtime?

Edit: it's the Emerald Princess apparently.

En route from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton.

It's an impressive beast, will stick up a pic when I get closer

Post edited by FintanMcluskey on

M

Yes there's a huge amount of them on the move this month, lots have rebased to Europe from US for the summer to run cruises around the Med.

A lot of them visiting Dun Laoghaire (well, anchoring in Dublin bay with guests transferring into Dun Laoghaire then on to the city centre etc. And some remain to soak up the many delights of Dun Laoghaire.)

Greg Mortimer was in the harbour yesterday and appears to have remained overnight, unique looking passenger vessel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Now stopped at Tory Island 😮

That's a very big ship for a little island/harbour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Small enough ship only carries 132 passengers and is 7 thousand tons doing around Ireland trip Aran Islands next quite a few doing the ports "World Explorer" left Galway heading for Killybegs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,925 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

WB Yeats on the double this morning...

28/05/2022 09:45

WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS L/E

NAVY VESSEL

28/05/2022 10:00

W. B. YEATS

RORO FREIGHT/PASSENGER

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement