Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are brakes tested

Options
  • 14-11-2021 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

At the nct for hybrid cars, I see from my report the emissions section is N/A, but the brake section has all passed but there's no readings all 0.0% but yet passed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yes, they're tested with a test drive, not on the rollers.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I was wondering why he was screeching off and the jamming on the brakes, he done that a couple of times, I thought he was doing it for fun. Hybrids in general fly through this NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

They use a device called a decelerometer....sounds like a word James May made up to describe it. It's just a small box that they place on the passenger side floor. They won't use the Rollers to test a hybrid's Brakes as it may interfere with the regenerative Braking System.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭jmreire

Advertisement