Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45

Options
  • 13-11-2021 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Everything being eltronic now. Can the new employer see my last job and when I was let go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

No they can't

Why wouldn't you allow them to know your work history - there are companies that will research your work history (depending on the size of the company)

If you want to hide a period of employment then you are likely gonna be questioned about it in the interview

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

No, but I don't see how you will be able to hide either if you want to land a new job... If you fail to disclose either, it is an indication of a problem individual and so you will be filtered out in favour of someone else.

Whoever is processing payroll might see your pay year to date and maybe the date your status changed, they might be able to infer certain details from that.

If you want privacy I think you can ask revenue to issue a tax credit to your new employer on a week one basis, but would have to do this before being added by the employer.This might also stand out if you are on say a week one basis for the rest of the year. It all depends.

Someone might want to hide previous pay if say the new job is much higher or lower, if they got a payout they haven't highlighted, irrelevant temporary employment they haven't mentioned. Lots of reasons.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

In any case Ireland is a small country, which means that the senior people in most companies in a sector will have contacts in the other companies and are able to ask around if they really want to find out about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I assume this is an 'I fudged the dates or fibbed about my previous salary' so the year to date earnings won't necessarily match up worry. If payroll is run internally not outsourced, and if the person running it was involved in your hiring/negotiation, they might possibly see mid year cumulatives when they get info from Revenue, and if they are very attentive to detail they might put 2 and 2 together, but realistically no one may ever notice...

In any case salary is often different to expected, especially at the moment with Covid shutdowns, isolation requirements when unwell, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement