Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sure they're the same in the UK

Options
  • 12-11-2021 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭

So just moved out of a place after 3 1/2 years. Rent always early, very little needed from landlord or agent in the entire time.

Did the final inventory and there was a couple of things, ie plant pot on window sill damaged paintwork, etc, some blu tac on the walls... So resigned to the fact it was going to be a few Bob retained.

Next thing agent comes back no issues at all except says landlord was unhappy with the condition of the blinds, they have stains and mold marks and he wants me to pay for cleaning them. The blinds are on 4 metre casement windows and there are 7 of them. So that means a lot of money.

When we moved in the blinds were a disgrace and we asked for them to be cleaned, he said no, was to expensive and we just accepted it, and it was marked in inventory detailing the stains etc...needless to say I referred teh agents to this. :)

Now he's pissed as f### now he's not getting a free clean and is coming back with loads of wear and tear stuff even though there were no other issues 3 days ago...

Love it... Anyway there's your story for Friday... Sure will see what happens 😁😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Surly when only the blinds were noted first day they cant just keep adding to the list, its like a snag list you only get one shot, the only issue highlighted was proven to be an existing condition and I would express this to them, otherwise tell them that you will be forced to lodge a case with the RTB and possibly the small claims court

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Yeh thats exactly what I told his agents,,and they said they agree with me...but they work for him...waiting for him to respond as I said Im happy to go to court...I have the paperwork which shows the damage was there 3 1/2 years ago!

To be clear the other stuff was all noted. He decided to accept it as wear and tear and expressed that his only issue was the blinds.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

UK rental agents are renowned for excessive charges and deposit retention - if anything, the problematic ones here are just trying to emulate London ones.

UK has some level of deposit protection scheme due to all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Yes they have 10 days to respond and release deposit after final inventory is fine. We are at day 14 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 whaccawhacca

I wouldn't believe the agent necessarily. I had an agent trying to charge me for damage caused by a previous tenant and it was the landlord who told the agent not to push ahead with the charge. Take lots of photos & video the day you move into a property. Either way, you're right to press ahead with court

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Advertisement