Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iron fitting for lefties

Options
  • 12-11-2021 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just wondering has anyone been for a ( good and comprehensive) fitting for left hand irons lately? I have enquired with foregolf bit they aren't fitting for lefties till well into next year citing lack of left hand components in the industry. Is that the accepted norm at the moment? No fitted irons for lefties till 2022? Was hoping to upgrade to new mizunos but it's a bit of a downer having to wait that long......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sipper

Where are you located?

Left handed iron heads are far more readily available than MRH at the moment. Just expect the current lead time to be anywhere from 4 - 10 weeks depending on shaft and grip type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Russman

I'm a lefty and had a fitting a few months ago with McGuirks in Leopardstown driving range and ended up with a set of JPX921s. The Mizuno range for lefties is fairly limited though unless you're at either end of the handicap spectrum, they've little in the middle of their range.

There is a new Mizuno range due for launch in Feb 2022, the Pro 221, 223, & 225, maybe that's what Foregolf were on about ? But only the 223 is going to be available in lefty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

I'm in the mid west. Yep I knew about the lead times for assembly, that wasn't my concern as such, I am willing to wait. It was more getting a good fitting where shaft and head combo best suited me. I play off 10 HI .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Thanks for the replies. Yep I saw the new ones on the way in February. Tbh I'm not overly impressed with the 223 looks wise, much prefer the 921 forged or possibly the mp20 SELs. Not afraid to blend the irons either, as long as they suit me and my swing😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Russman

I hear ya !

The 921 Forged aren't available in lefty unfortunately, I was hoping to upgrade my 850 Forged to the 921 but was very disappointed not to be able to. They have an SEL set with the Forged in 4 & 5 iron and the Tour in 6-GW. Personally I'd have preferred for the Forged to go up to 6 or even 7 iron before switching to the Tour. I've always played Mizuno irons but they're really gone poor IMHO for catering for lefties. They don't even do the Hot Metal Pro in lefty, I ended up with the Hot Metals and they're surprisingly not as chunky and ugly as I expected. Only had a few games though before I picked up an injury and haven't played in 3 months so can't really judge them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bamayang

I’m a leftie, got fitted for a new driver in Birr golf shop, good set up. Reasonable looking selection of irons there, might not be that far from you. Can hit balls in the range there also (with trackman data), rather than into a screen.

Advertisement