Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

do you know that they are not handing over the VAT?

the "not handing over the VAT" is mere conjectural rubbish at this point.

Aliexpress have been long operating this duty paid model with Australia for example.

Who knows what is going on - An Post are a black hole in these matters as per usual.

an post emailed me with a demand for vat that said the parcel would not be delivered until it is paid. they sent me this after the parcel had already been delivered. I'm more inclined to think the issue is with An Post.

can anyone post a pic of the front of label (not your address) for something that came through successfully from Aliexpress ordered since July 1 with duty paid to see if VAT Paid is indicated on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

AE order stuck in consolidated warehouse for 7 days now...

• Advertisement

this is one I received this morning. no mention of value or VAT. However this is not the original label. there is another label underneath but I cannot peel off the top label to read it. So I think when they get to the netherlands the customs side of it is checked and they are then relabelled as internal EU post.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Ordered a phone case from AliExpress 2 weeks ago, from china to Ireland, I checked the tracking and it's with Bpost in Belgium and they're sending to Ireland now, usually my things go through post NL and take some time, first time having something sent with Bpost and seems quite quick, bpost sent it today to Ireland so I'll see how long it takes from now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Please keep us posted on that. Post NL seems to be a huge bottleneck and it would be great to see things getting through quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Finally got mine today after 7 weeks. The sender got it back and resent via DHL instead. Had to pay €20 import duty but was still a lot cheaper than buying it locally so I’m happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Phone case came today! Sticker on outside says from Belgium, so I assume they stuck a new sticker on once it went from china to Belgium. So only 3 days from Belgium to Ireland! No delays like I usually experience with postNL and Netherlands. Also no vat or customs duty, I already paid vat at checkout (bought after July 1st)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Like above I am getting a Deutshe Post label stuck over the original Ali Express china label.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Just to share my brief experience with recent purchase from banggood. Flashlight worth €25.50 inclusive VAT and shipping insurance. As of today 2 weeks in transit through Netherlands post (normal enough turnaround time), latest update "Item has arrived in the country of destination" (Ireland) popped up in my tracking history (17track website). Got an email from an post stating customs charge to be paid for at value of €8.56, see the breakdown below:

Customs Charges Paid:

Customs Value: € 8.56

Customs Reference Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Import Duty: € 0.00

Excise Duty: € 0.00

VAT: € 1.96

An Post Fee: € 3.50

Total paid: €5.46

Date paid: 09/08/2021

I've been through banggood customer service for nearly an hour to get some explanation out of this. Couldn't understand why should I pay VAT again when they claimed to have it covered . In the end I was given 500 points as a compensation for this situation, which isn't exactly what I hoped for, but better than nothing. They wouldn't give me a refund of €5.46, no matter what, although they've been very apologetic about this inconvenience caused. I shall receive the flashlight within next 2 days, I will upload a picture of the package for illustration purposes😉

Right so, just a swift follow up on my banggood flashlight delivery today.

I reckon the reason why the customs stopped the package was the original Chinese address put by NL post on a white sticker. Plus the yellow sticker screaming outside of EU message🤔. Nonetheless as I mentioned in my previous post, banggood compensated me with 500 points. Not sure whether it's considered safe to purchase from them again if they fail to label the VAT paid for correctly as they claim during the actual online purchase. At the same time I have no idea how was the customs fee of €8.56 calculated either, since there was no other documentation/information provided by an Post rather than a brief email.

I've got 3 more orders from banggood on the way as I type this, so we'll see how reliable they're in regards dealing with their "VAT inclusive" policy... I shall report again in this thread how my experience goes🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Getting a lot of delivery's combined from ali express lately, even though there's a week or two between them. Its like they arrive in Germany and they are combining multiple orders, so im getting stuff ordered on different dates with different sellers arriving in one package.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Just another continuation update on my ongoing experience with some recent banggood purchases. Two an Post notifications landed in my email this afternoon to pay for the VAT/customs, in one case €4.20 and another one €6.05. I spent like 1 and 1/2 hours "fighting" with a live chat agent over covering the VAT and the best they could do was to pay for the actual VAT part of which in 1st case was 70c (out of €4.20) and €2.55 the other case (out of €6.05). So as you can guess here, not a hope they'd refund the €3.50 an Post administration fee, since it was not covered in the original VAT. Now, after my legitimate question "how come the VAT inclusive policy doesn't work as advertised" I was told they were very sorry and as a compensation more points will be added to my account (I managed to negotiate 600 points in total for the 2 orders). This agent actually tried to diminish the problem by saying "you can apply for a tax tariff to be covered next time" to which I replied "I'm based in Ireland which is a member state of EU and as such your VAT inclusive policy shall cover for that kind of a scenario". Nonetheless after I confronted him about them (banggood) not labelling the packages sent with IOSS number properly, he replied "I will definitely bring this up to our support team".

Anyway, here's my final thought in regards BangGood purchases directly from Chinese warehouse (CN): they just do what they've been doing all this time, put a lower value sticker with Chinese address to it, use NL post as a middleman and as such the Irish revenue calculates the value depicted on the package. If they only added the IOSS number with real value that would be a win situation for the customer, but not so much for them (remember they don't have to pay the VAT based on REAL VALUE of the cargo).

If you plan to order from BangGood EU warehouse, it should be sound, they use DPD courier mostly and all is covered as it should be (had one purchase from Czechia warehouse there and all was good). If you decide to take your chances on CN warehouse, you'll get charged with €3.50 an Post fee plus the VAT and ASAP ask for a VAT refund after you contact their live customer support.

Post edited by versager on

Alright now, thought I'd share a comparison between AliExpress and BangGood deliveries.

1st package was 4pcs batteries for flashlights, with Chinese address and NL Post as middleman (Standard packet tracked) and UN3481 battery warning sticker. This is aliexpress, no extra VAT and customs fees paid to an Post (no email notification).

2nd package is flashlight, again with Chinese address and NL Post as middleman (Standard packet tracked) and yellow sticker with EU treat warning.

This package was from BangGood, an Post sent an email with VAT/customs charge for €6.05. As mentioned in post above, I've paid this and got a refund of €2.55 for the VAT part from Banggood, but paid an Post fee of €3.50.

For better idea see 4 images attached🙂

AliExpress package.

BangGood package:

So to wrap this up: I have no idea whatsoever why the AliExpress package went through just fine, but banggood didn't make it. Can't get my head around it, but at the same time I'm not complaining😌. Seems like it's just a hit and miss at this stage, straw of luck or perhaps AliExpress has a higher chance to slip through, dunno🤔.

I've got 1 last AliExpress order and also one last BangGood order on the way (estimated delivery next week), so we shall see...

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Did you ever have an invoice with proof of vat from Banggood?

I have a high value item on the way from AE, I have the invoice to prove vat was paid. I'm not paying twice.

Banggood didn't give me any documentation whatsoever, no invoices, no VAT receipts, no nothing. What they did was them paying for the VAT amount deducted off the an Post calculation receipt, while I covered the €3.50 administration fee. To tell the truth, what banggood and more than likely Aliexpress are doing is that they put lower value on even higher priced items and an Post just calculate customs/VAT on that amount (usually USD converted to EUR on whatever the actual exchange rate is on the day of calculation) and that's what you're supposed to pay to revenue (plus that lovely €3.50 fee). Dimensions/size and weight of the package is however an important factor to keep in mind, too.

I've just received Aliexpress combined package with 4 smaller packages inside and this went through fine, no an Post VAT and related fees had to be paid, so happy days:). I believe reason it slipped through was nothing but a NL postal address on the sticker. Or just got lucky, no idea tbh.

Aliexpress are paying the vat on your behalf, which you see when you checkout. they then electronically send the customs declaration for the package. No luck required on your behalf.

What I know for sure is that banggood don't do it the right way as I was hit 3 times with an Post VAT invoice. Also there've been cases of AliExpress deliveries from some members in other threads they had to pay VAT again despite the AliExpress system vouching for covering it. Go figure, huh?

• Advertisement

Here's my last banggood order outcome with their following "VAT inclusive" guaranteed breakdown as per an Post:

Customs Value: € 22.26

Customs Reference Number: XXXXX

Tracking ID Number: XXXXXX

Date: 24/08/2021

Import Duty: € 0.00

Excise Duty: € 0.00

VAT: € 5.11

An Post Fee: € 3.50

Total to be Paid: € 8.61

Pay by Date: 17/09/2021

So once again, banggood failed miserably to cover up the VAT, it clearly is a false advertisement on their behalf. Just off from their live chat support, they're becoming a real pain, they didn't sort the issue for me - meaning paying the VAT of €5.11 back to my account - they will get back to me from their support department in the next 24 hours to investigate the issue😑. Ah well, this has been my last purchase from them for a good while, only their EU warehouse offers are safe enough to avoid the double taxation...

So this is my current situation....

I had an aliexpress parcel delivered by fastway couriers. I've never had an AX parcel delivered by anybody but An Post before.

Same here back in February. Was a bit surprised by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

I ordered something on Aliexpress in June. The seller was slow to dispatch but the last parts of the journey on tracking are as follows:

30 Aug 2021

01:46

Arrive at the delivery center

26 Aug 2021

02:56

Leave processing center

Iletsk, Russia

23 Aug 2021

01:15

Leave processing center

Dostyk, Kazakhstan

I got my 75 day refund but I am wondering should I go ahead and order the item elsewhere or have people still seen an item show up after disappearing for a month? Previous parcels I had that go this route would move from the last point to Dublin in about 2 weeks. It's the point at which you get the e-mail saying it arrived in your country which I think means it hit the EU. Alternatively, is it possibly in Ireland but caught in a backlog prior to scanning?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

YUN:

Departed from Facility.----Dublin,Dublin,IE
    2021/10/29 09:31:52
    Arrived at Sort Facility.----Dublin,Dublin,IE
    2021/10/28 14:30:29
    Departed from Facility.----Rozenburg,Rozenburg,NL
    2021/10/25 14:31:37
    Custom clearance completed
    2021/10/23 12:18:21
    Arrived at Sort Facility.----Rozenburg,Rozenburg,NL
    2021/10/22 16:17:20
    Arrived at AIRPORT of Destination
    2021/10/21 08:00:00
    Departed from AIRPORT of Origin
    2021/10/18 23:34:00
    Arrive at international airport to abroad----CHINA
    2021/10/17 03:20:53
    Departed Facility In processing center----SHENZHEN
    2021/10/16 18:20:53
    Departed Facility in SHENZHEN
    2021/10/15 07:14:06
    Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN----SHENZHEN
    2021/10/15 03:02:21
    Departed from Facility GUANGZHOU----GUANGZHOU,CHINA
    2021/10/15 01:00:00
    Arrived at Sort Facility GUANGZHOU
    2021/10/14 21:37:13
    Shipment information received

Chinapost

Depart from transit country or district
    2021-10-22 10:00:00
    Parcel outbound from transit facility
    2021-10-22 08:20:55
    Arrive attransit country or district.
    2021-10-21 02:54:26
    Import clearance success
    2021-10-18 23:20:05
    Import clearance start
    2021-10-18 14:04:43
    Liege-Linehaul Arrival:Arrived Liege
    2021-10-17 19:36:00
    Hand over to airline
    2021-10-16 22:00:00
    Received by line-haul
    2021-10-11 07:21:48
    Outbound in sorting center
    2021-10-11 05:38:23
    Accepted by carrier
    2021-10-09 17:23:58
    Inbound in sorting center
    2021-10-09 17:23:58

Will see how we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

To answer my own query this parcel has suddenly showed up as scanned in Dublin today on 1 November having last been seen in Russia on 30 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭I am me123

I recently ordered from Amazon marketplace from a seller in China. I was given a delivery window of between 22nd November & 9th December.

I remember ordering from another Amazon marketplace seller in China before , and it arrived 3 weeks after the estimated delivery date.

Do packages from China normally take a while to arrive?

luck of the draw. They can arrive in 3 weeks or it could take 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm guessing this is bad news?

Advertisement