Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Isle of Man to Ireland - Audi A5

• 09-11-2021 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi All,

Moving back to Ireland with my 2010 Audi A5 2L Petrol Cabriolet, 92,000 miles, was a UK reg then I brought it to IOM.

In the process of changing it over to Ire plates (got exemption for VRT etc as lived over there with it) however, having some problems with it2010

Oil leak - think cam cover is gone, have stalling issues every 2-3 months, bad smell

Needs new tyres and small bits before NCT

Is it worth the hasssle of all this? Should I just scrap it before getting IRE plates? (offered €2k)

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Surely worth more than 2k? How much to put it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Scrap it. There is enough of them here already. You could buy another here or even get a better car a nice Lexus maybe.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,098 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Where are all these A5 convertibles already here? I did a search on donedeal and there are no 2010 A5 petrol convertibles for sale. Also what convertible do Lexus sell similar to the A5?

OP you would really need to get the car looked at by a mechanic to know what exactly is wrong with it and a price on how much it will cost to fix it first. It's hard to know what a 2010 A5 convertible is worth here as there are so little of them sold. Would you get 4k for one with a fresh NCT? An offer of 2k as it is now might not be a bad offer but it really depends on how much it would cost you to get it through the NCT verses how much someone might give you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sc9736

Thanks All, in fairness there is not many A5 convertibles in Ireland.

I'm in the process of getting it registered here and Revenue don't even have my model on their database!! so have to provide cert of conformity / loads of documentation to prove it is genuine!! (AUDI A5 2.0 TFSI S-L QUATTRO BL ED 211PS 2DR)

In garage on Monday and not driving it till then so if its going to cost more than 1.5k I might just scrap it

Ms

Maybe it's for the best. Nor like you would get much use out of a convertible here in Ireland anyway. Better to buy a nice coupe instead much more practicle and secure.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I meant lots of Audi's here already.

I never said it had to be convertible Lexus just a nice Luxus that's all. The IS250 in the right spec is lovely and looks really well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,031 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What are the CO2 emissions on it? This will determine the annual motor tax, the V5 document will have this on it. If it was 191plus it would be €1250 a year making it very undesirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If you register it here under the Transfer of Residence VRT exemption, remember that you cannot sell it for 12 months.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement