Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a rental in Dublin

Options
  • 09-11-2021 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi All!

With all that's going on with the rental market in Dublin i thought I'd post here in case any landlords are around😊

I am moving back to Dublin for work and am looking for a house or apartment to rent in the area.

I am fairly flexible with rental area, new job is in Dunboyne so I'll be looking for somewhere that is comutable from there (idelly near the city).

It's only me and my 2 robot vaccum cleaners, i have a really good, permanent job and am looking for a 2 bed place minimum, ideally 3 (i currently rent a 3 bed and i love the extra space).

Non smoker, with excellent landlord and work references.

I am looking to stay a minimum of a year, possibly longer.

Budget wise, i can go up to 1500 a month and looking to move in January/February.

If you have anything becoming vacant would you please drop me a message and we can take it from there.

Thank you for reading!

Ps. Any advise on how to approach any potencial landlords /rental companies also very welcome.

Post edited by mistress_gi on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Your budget is too low for a 3 bed if you want to stay in Dublin. I'm in D15 and the 3 bed next door rents at €2,500. To be honest you might struggle to find a 2 bed at that price commutable to Dunboyne and the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I know of a 1 bed apartment in Swords coming up soon if thats any good to you. The person in it now is paying €1500pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Thanks for the advice guys. I know budget is a little on the low side for what i want but i plan to buy in a year or 2 and that's the best way i will manage to save for my own place.

Can you maybe pm me the details for the place Jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭zg3409

If you want to save move out to dunboyne and get a house share. It's not fun.

There is a massive shortage of places and landlords may not want a single male/ female for fear of parties etc. They also typically want a minimum of 1 year lease.

Set up alerts on daft and myhome and get a written application ready as to why they should pick you over anyone else. I would not mention dunboyne unless renting in dunboyne as landlords will worry you will move closer to work. Expect 1 reply for every 100 applications. Be ready to go view at a moment's notice with cash deposit. They typically wait a week and then contact back best 2 or 3 applicants.

If you are not in Dublin right now it's a red flag to landlords. Car insurance costs are crazy too, you may pay 4000 for new policy if moving from outside Ireland to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I'm way too old for parties at this stage, it's one of the reasons i want to live alone. I like to live a quiet life and really like my own space.

I currently live in Ireland, just not close enough to commute. I have also had insurance for quite some time time so that is not an issue.

Thank you for all advise, none of the other things are a deal breaker for me 😁

Post edited by mistress_gi on

Advertisement