Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court cases & reporting

Options
  • 08-11-2021 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭

I was called for jury service in Leitrim not long ago but not selected. I was following up on how the case went & curious to know why their is absolutely no reporting on the case?

I understand that in sensitive sexual assault cases the victims can ban all reporting but I understood the result of the case would still be published without naming anybody

anyone clarify?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Haven't a clue myself but you should be able to get a proper answer in the legal forum :

https://www.boards.ie/categories/legal-discussion

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most local papers can't afford court reporters anymore. No reporters = no coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Yes, I agree. In my local Court, reporters cover the District Court, so you’ll see lots of reporting on drink driving, low level drug possession, etc. They don’t have the resources to cover the Circuit Court, where the more serious cases are heard. CC cases can drag on for days and they can’t be sitting around waiting for outcomes.

Advertisement