Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota UK warranty in Ireland?

Options
  • 19-12-2018 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

I purchased a Toyota Aygo in the UK just over a year ago via their Toyota plus program.

I believe all UK Toyota's get a 5 year warranty.

The car is just under 5 years old and has developed a leak into the boot

Does anyone know if the warranty carries over here and Toyota would arrange to have it repaired? I was told by my local Toyota dealer warranty is only 3 years here and go to a body shop

But I don't know what the story is with warranty transfer. Have emailed Toyota Ireland but nothing yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought they would only honor 2 years here, I can't see them covering it if it's coming up on 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They used to. The problem you’ll have here is that they need to claim from Toyota U.K. and get pre approval for work. They also need to diagnose and identify the cause of the leak. So if it turns out that your leak is caused by accident repairs, or wear on a boot rubber from misuse for example, you won’t be covered and they’ll need somebody (you) to pay for their time.

Now the Aygo is well known for leaky boots, there are issues with the rubber seals on the middle brake light, tail lamp seals, and vents (these are under the tailgate and behind the bumper)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Look at the warranty document that came with the car - it states what is issued by Toyota GB, and Toyota Europe. Only the latter is covered here, and it's probably just the 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Go to a dealer in Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GoOnTaigh

Same happened to me, bought a Toyota Verso from a Toyota dealer (Warrington) in uk 2 years old with 5 year warranty.

Developed injectors problem when 4 years old. Phoned a dealer in Ireland told me €60 to diagnose and not covered under warranty.

Phoned the Toyota dealer in uk, no problem bring to dealer in Belfast and we will stand over it.

drove to Belfast with family, courtesy bus to city, off to titanic for day, arrived back all done 4 new injectors, no charge.

Toyota 5 year UK warranty streets ahead of Ireland’s miserable 3 years.

Usual rip off Ireland, up your game Toyota Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They don’t need to up their game in Ireland to sell cars though, they’re the top selling car in Ireland. They are number 7 in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Agreed, they even fit their cars with plenty of standard equipment these days, which is one thing they used to be really stingy on compared to Toyota GB. They've been at or close to the number one brand for the past 20 odd years here, and that's not going to change any time soon.

Advertisement