Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Recommendations for a window cleaner in Naas?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭scwazrh

im looking for a make up artist for my daughter for her debs on13th November if anyone can recommend or knows someone available

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ncoen

Any fireworks display in Naas for Halloween? Or where is based to view them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lots going off around craddockstown, big display last night also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭cunnijo

It seems Bord Na Mona Recycling (formally AES) did not collect the Organic bins here on Dublin Road. Has anyone else around Naas experienced this today. If you did and contacted them what response (if any) did you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anyone get the commuter train from sallins into dublin city and have an idea if bikes are allowed at peakstime. the irishrail website says bikes only allowed during off-peak times but wondering if a blind eye is turned. and if there is space for bikes i dont want to be blocking up doors and annoying people.

As a blow in it's good to see the town back in county finals, senior football tomorrow followed by minor and senior hurling finals next weekend, hopefully bring some silverware home.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I was only talking to a lad up at kids training this morning, I think the County Final was on a school day back when we were in the last one.

Some game. Hon Naas.

• Advertisement

Footballers deliver, hopefully they can follow up with the hurling next week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Nope followed it on Twitter, I'm only a blow in, I'd be more interested in the hurling. Fair play to then though crazy it took this long to win it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Think I was in 4th class in Corbans when they were last there.

Met the current primary school principal on the pitch, he gave me a wave. I let a roar at him, last time I was here, you were playing. Good laugh had.

If the weather is as good next week as it was today, we might spin over for the hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Officer999

Hi guys,

Can I confirm that the night rider bus that used to exist from Dublin to Naas is not existing anymore? If so, is there another way of getting from Dublin to Naas after midnight besides a taxi?

Thanks

And The hurlers obliged coming from behind to beat cellbride and completing the double.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

The Greater Naas Area left out AGAIN

Dublin Bus serving the likes of Ballyknockan, Valleymount and south of Kilcoole just makes it all seem like a sham that the Naas Area isn’t served.

Its the most populated part of Kildare and has a mixed range of bus services that share no common fare system and most all require “change” and therefore no incorporation with LUAS, DART or Dublin Bus

Ive nothing against JJ Kav but that 139 to Blanch needs to be run by Dublin Bus perhaps giving the area a better chance to be included in the Dublin cap zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

You should share that map on social media. The only large town in that map that’s not included in Dublin bus region is Naas. Naas’ transport system is a complete shambles. People are paying 200-300% more for fares in Naas than they are in Maynooth or Blessington. Even Ballymore Eustace has Dublin Bus!

Route 139 is a complete and utter joke. There’s only services every 2 hours, hop-on/off only stops, VERY expensive fares, no fare integration, no fare cap, no tapping on or off, etc. like in every other area of that map. What a missed opportunity for integration and local travel. Route 126 is no different.

Even ignoring the dismal buses that exist, there aren’t even local bus routes that exist to usher people around the Naas Area. Sure, they’d probably just be run by JJ kavanagh and cost a fortune anyways. There are no options or integrated fares. No integrated anything. There’s no way to get from Naas to Tallaght or Citywest business campus. There’s no way to get from Kill to Naas or from Sallins/Monread to Naas… There isn’t even a way for people to get to Sallins train station…

And yet, despite the fact that Naas is so underserved by public transport, Celbridge is getting its own DART line. So is Maynooth. They’re also getting 17 Dublin bus routes between them as a result of BusConnects. What’s Naas getting? Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The 90minute fare (€2.30 rising to €2.50 in march) is very much a Dublin fare and its great that it extends to the Sallins rail stop.

That Dublin bus does not serve Naas is nothing to do with this.

And that old argument of Celbridge getting a dart line - jump on the train in sallins and connect in celbridge. that's what millions of people do in other cities. This attitude of thinking you must have a door to door chauffeur service has to be knocked on the head. A miniscule amount of effort and you will have a huge service availabe to you. - Remeber also that there is to be a very substantial increase in services from sallins when the new rollign stock arrives.

A tiny effort of hopping off and changing at celbridge opens the dart service to you and the further links to luas and other mainline rail and busses. - and the 90minute fare applies too.

but far too many people have a glass half empty thought process because something doesn't pander to their demands.

BTW, there is a local transport plan - maybe check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 hero001

It would make a lot of sense to run trains from Celbridge all the way out to Kildare that connects with the new dart service, but they are highly unlikely to do that.

I was planning to get a train from sallins to dublin on a Sunday recently, but the timetable is a joke, so if they want people to leave their cars at home and take public transport they need to make major timetable changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

I’ve never seen a more Irish attitude. Basically you’re saying what Naas has is great and don’t lobby for anything better. If it makes no sense to extend the DART to Naas (an area with over 35,000 people when you include Sallins, Kill, etc.) then it makes way less sense to extend it to villages like Maynooth and Celbridge. Or Greystones. Or Drogheda. Especially since the N7 corridor is one of the most swamped with cars.

Would you describe Heuston station as Rathgars’ local station? No. You wouldn’t be expected to walk that. Sallins station is even further for most. So why aren’t there bus links to the train station? Why aren’t there local bus services? Why doesn’t Route 139 and route 126 connect? Why don’t any of the Naas buses connect with any other buses? Why aren’t there Integrated fares like everywhere else on that map the guy above shared within the Short Hop Zone? Naas is the only town without those features. This is one of Dublin’s largest commuter towns within the Short Hop Zone, just 28km from the capital. So if you’re saying everything is great in Naas, then we don’t need to do any more and can pretend like everything’s great when it’s not. And it’s the outlier of the commuter towns. Why are places like Ballymore Eustace and Blessington more integrated into the fare system than Naas? I’ll tell you the answer, it’s because they have Dublin bus.

If Naas’ transport system is so great then why are people in Maynooth willing to pay extra to live there for Dublin Bus connections and frequent trains to the city centre. That’s right, cause it results in better outcomes for people living there.

I hate comments like these. I challenge you to travel from Naas to college every single day for 4 years and see how you enjoy it. Pay up to 70€ a week using all your savings and watch all your friends get it for 30€ a week using the Dublin bus rambler ticket despite them living in the middle of nowhere or far further than Naas.

And about you saying making transfers is the norm in Europe… if Naas was in the Netherlands, I can guarantee you it wouldn’t have a mishmash of 7 different fare systems with 7 different operators, with coaches doing local trips (no accessibility). And there would be integrated bus services with the train station. I’ve actually lived over there and transferring from bus to train to bus to tram is nothing like it is here, especially in Naas.

Agreed, big vibes of fine fail/haughey off @Darc19 put up and shut up.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I see the 90 minute fare for the commuter rail is available in Maynooth and not Naas.

Its quicker into town from Naas on the train then Maynooth ffs

Pity you didn't read my post in context.

It was replying to posters saying Naas was not included in FUTURE planning. I contend that it is.

A combination of the Naas local plan with a substantial increase in sallins train services and celbridge dart along with upgrades to Heuston means that when the dart project is completed, there will be good transport infrastructure.

But sure, why not simply look down a tunnel and ignore the overall picture, cos it won't bring some people door to door.

Btw, Naas to Dublin is 32km

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

Unfortunately, Irish are short sighted, we are not in the netherland ( built the green line and ask you to F*** walk to the red line) LOL

Last election I gave Mark Wall #1 and will almost certainly give him #1 in next election. I'm just able to see the bigger picture and never ever go by the sensationalist negative sh1te the media spouts.

So if you want actual facts and times here it is

Starting Next week for those wanting Naas to Blanchardstown, Liffey Valley and UCD and locations on those routes (Lucan, Clonsilla, Inchicore, Chapelizod, Ringsend)

L52 (Blanch) & L53 (Liffey Valley) route will launch from the new Bus connects hub at Adamstown Station. Adamnstown is just 2 stops from Sallins

Adamstown will also have C1 & C2 which goes to Sandymount. - So Naas to UCD = Sallins - Adamstown, then C1 or C2 bus to Sandymount. 2 minute walk to Sydney parade for UCD shuttle. All within the short hop zone.

Medium term Sallins will have extra capacity soon (new carriages coming on stream) and further capacity is also planned for 2023/24 with a 10 minute frequency expected. Naas Local Transport plan sees frequent busses going to Sallins through whatever bus interchange location is chosen (Market square will most likely be the interim choice) with several local routes feeding into this interchange.

There's also potential for a Park&ride carpark just off jct 9a feeding into Sallins.

https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/sites/default/files/Draft%20Naas-Sallins%20Transport%20Strategy%20-%20Final%20Version%20Issued.pdf (section 8 to save you searching)

It won't be done overnight, but next week sees the start of the changes that will make life easier - even for UCD students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

And this has been a party political broadcast on behalf of Mark Wall

who doesn't represent Naas. - I couldn't give a sh1te what party someone is with (except Sinn Fein). If they do a good job for the area I'm in, they get my vote and Mark and his father beforehand were excellent in kildare south.

I suspect some people will find the information in my post very handy and make their journey easier from next week. Even those who might simply want a shopping trip to Blanchardstown or Liffey Valley

• Advertisement

Some very useful inforegarding the Adamstown connections thanks. Still need that 90 minute fare zone pushed out to the full short hop zone which only makes sense.

Advertisement