Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Converting a car to commercial

Options
  • 07-11-2021 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi there.

New to this page so not sure if it has been said here before but I'm looking to buy a 2006 Toyota Corolla (hatchback) 2.0L d4d or a 2011 Toyota Avensis estate.

I'm currently driving a hilux but is being sold next week and need something to get me about for a few years, I wish to keep on with commercial insurance for the fact it's so much cheeper than private insurance and I'm wondering dose anyone know of a business that dose the conversion in the Ulster area (Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal) or close by?

I know that the corolla can be converted to commercial as I've seen a few on done deal but all are only the 1.4d4d engine and I would need at least a 2.0L d4d to pull trailers ect. But I'm wondering is it possible to convert the Avensis estate aswell? Reason being is that they have plenty of room in the back and would be a very reliable car.

Thanks 👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

The rules are a lot stricter now and afaik you can only convert big jeeps now (Q7, RR, etc)

Its likely they would have been converted before the new rule was brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

How is commercial insurance less than private insurance? OP you need to call around a few insurance companies and brokers to get your commercial NCD converted to private, there's no way that a commercial policy on a Focus van will be cheaper than private policy on a Focus car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

A friend of mine was paying €700 on a 2011 1.6 tdi Octavia. Changed to a commercial policy on a 2005 1.8 ford transit and it was only €300

Obviously different for everyone but you’d be surprised

Advertisement