Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the going rate for a Zappi install these days?

Options
  • 01-11-2021 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭

My sister in law is getting her first EV, a Hyundai Ioniq 5, in early January. So she needs to have a charge point installed by then. Must be a neat job so I recommended Nigel Daly to her. He did my own install nearly 5 years ago and it was a top notch job. I know he is not the cheapest. I recommended a tethered Zappi to her as that seems the most popular model these days

How much have your recent EV charge point installs cost? From what installer and with what make / model of charge point?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Have just gone through this looking at the Wallbox Pulsar Plus or the Zappi V2. Awaiting a Pulsar Plus to be installed currently.

Prices varied from 1200 to 1500 supplied and installed, with 600 coming back as a grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Used Nigel Daly recently and cost about 1500 for a Zappi 2 tethered with hub. Install was very neat & looks well. Bit too much faffing around and back & forth with the office for my liking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

I used the 'Enniskillen' lads to put in my Zappi. (tethered) Last year the rate was €1K if it was a straight forward install, or €1100 if it needed a longer run of cable. Well worth contacting them.

I'm sure you already know that you don't need to have the car or reg number to apply for grant approval first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I used Nigel Daly few years back, he left the access point for the 16mm2 cable unfilled and we got mice as the present.

Would not recommend.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just went through this with the father in law.

zappi was 1500 plus additional wiring fixes to meet regs seemly.

ended up with the wallbox plus for 1199 fitted. Grant comes back then. Tethered too so very handy for him. Ct clamps mean the charger dials back if his shower gets turned on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement