Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia ceed DRL Lights not fully lit up passenger side

Options
  • 31-10-2021 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

I presume this is going to be a fail for NCT and looking like I have to replace the whole head light any one any quick fix for it. If I could disconnect them, are they required to be working for NCT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

NCT fail if not working. One being a little less bright than the other is it putting a fault on the dash? I would remove the connector from the faulty light and check that all the contacts are clean and shiny with no corrosion or contamination for a start.

What year is the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

No nothing showing up on dash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Done a bit of research I see a few on donedeal that repairs them for 100 quid not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would this be covered on the 7 year warranty?

there’s a guy around Enfield that has fixed a lot of Hyundai i40s anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Used to be a replacement headlamp, but I believe Kia have a repair kit for them now. Might be worth talking to the dealer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Are drl's a legal requirement?

My 2012 BMW has drl's that can be turned off.

Maybe if the op can disable them on his Kia somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Yes, depending on the vehicle year, they should be tested in the NCT.

In accordance with EC Directive 2008/89/EC, dedicated Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are required on all new types of passenger cars and small vans from February 2011 onwards

BTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭mikeecho

It's not a new model since Feb 2011 though is it?

Advertisement