Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor recommendations - second hand house purchase Dublin 7

Options
  • 03-11-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

I was hoping you could offer some suggestions for a solicitor to handle the purchase of our first house in Dublin 7.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

They're more or less the same, conveyance should be regular enough, yet solicitors are the biggest procrastinators when it comes to property deals. Keep on top of them, call them every second day. They have a pile of papers on their desk and the person that politely wrecks their head the most gets looked after first.

Best of luck with the house, good times ahead.

Post edited by John_Rambo on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I don't know if it's within the rules to post these here. I got some recommendations myself previously but all via private messages. One thing I would say is just cast a wide net and get a good few quotes. They don't need to be local, feel free to look out to Kildare and Meath also where some might charge less.

100% this. I don't know if they just like taking on too much work or if they just find house sales boring but I've had the same experience. Have been emailing more or less daily for weeks for updates. He'll probably be glad to see the back of us when it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's money in the bank (eventually)... But it's small money compared to divorces, injuries and other legal matters so the conveyances sit there. I'd ramp up those emails to calls C14N.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 soycuba

Happy to accept recommendations via PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 soycuba

Got two quotes in today which before stamp duty come in at €3,325 and €3,418!

• Advertisement
Advertisement