Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCIS [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kinda wanted the straight laced agent to join the team.

Well the lead actress in Hawaii is at least pretty as none of them act and are a wooden as a tree.

Enver just acted the entire cast off the screen and I’d say he wasn’t even trying hopefully he isn’t just a guest and will join up as a lead cast member in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Decided to try Hawaii or Hawaiʻi as they seem to want to call it. Hawaii Five 0 didn't bother with that.

Well, at least I tried. Gave it a shot and won't bother with more. They did the info dump thing for most of the characters but it was all pretty boring. And not to sound uncultured or ignorant, but felt the overuse of local words and terms made it hard to understand at parts. Five-0 would do the same but used sparingly so you would pick up on words like "Ohana" but there was a number of times in this where they would say something with little context.

At first I wasn't sure that was Enver. I know him mainly from Dollhouse, Agent Carter and SHIELD but he looked like he lost weight. He will be in more episodes anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good to have it back. I liked the couple in the barn. I think part of Harmon coming back meant the crew (or some) could keep their jobs. Jimmy looks sharp in a suit. Tim seemed like a leader when they were looking at the debris on the shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Dreadful start for Hawaii, certainly did not have the presence of New Orleans or Los Angeles when they made their debuts.

As for NCIS main, what was the point in replacing Emily Wickersham with Katrina Law?

Fornell and Gibbs this week damn that was great from what's her name Mindy 😅 to what do they call you when you lose a kid. 😪

Well we have a season arc now.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Knew Gibbs would shoot yer man. Hello, Gary Cole. The new leader? So is it a three parter now to kick off the season? I was happy with the barn as an unofficial HQ, hope that's not the end. Think that's the first time anyone's broken the glass in interrogation.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Hawaii is extremly uninteresting, characters not interesting, story the same

Definitely want to see them in Alaska, hope it's not CG.

A bit of a tear up at the end of tonights episode.

The line about Shannon and Kelly.

For a second there I thought it was going to be Parker's boss that was corrupt.

Alaska tourist board pretty happy with it, I'd say. Great to see Ducky too.

• Advertisement

19.05 - the first non-Gibbs episode, though his shadow loomed large. Great to see Ducky and Jimmy in autospy again. Feels like a long time since there's been a bathroom scene. Nice moment from Kasie too.

I think its a toss up whether Hawaii survives. It certainly does not have the panache or punch that NOLA or LA had at the beginning.

Eerie to watch an episode reference the use of blanks, given what happened Halyna Hutchins.

Parker seems to be settling in well.

Always great to get a Delilah episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

I like him so far, not a Gibbs replacement by any means, but I enjoy watching him

Waste management consultant? From New Jersey, perhaps?

Next ep is Nov 29.

Solid enough with 19.08 and 19.09. Back on January 3.

Looks like Brian Dietzen penned part of an upcoming episode.

I see Hawaii is still holding its own in the ratings. No sign of nearing cancellation. Although if it wasn't an NCIS franchise it probably would be.

I do not see the point in the gay female ensemble to be honest. It just doesn't work at all.

Espionage, nice change from the usual stuff. Directed by Rocky Carroll too. Would have liked to see Jimmy with a live patient.

Cool gesture from Gibbs.

Next episode is on 2 weeks, although Covid has hit the show, so who knows.

Fun episode this week and as much as I really like Gary Cole I miss Gibbs.

• Advertisement

Yeah, enjoyed that. Nice Star Trek references too, including Leon! I like Parker's style, though it sounds like there's more to come from his past.

Dunno if we're getting 16, 20 or 24 episodes this year.

Thought they were lining up a Torres resignation or self-destruction there. Anyone would open up to Jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I wonder if Zane Holtz is going to be the next one on the team? I remember that both he and Wilmer Valderrama worked together in the Dusk Till Dawn TV series a few years ago.

Thought they were suggesting that alright.

No date for the next episode at the moment, I'm guessing maybe due to Covid. There'll be a crossover with Hawaii on March 28.

That's second appearance in the show now Sawyer was in an episode last season as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭prunudo

Trying hard to avoid spoilers here so haven't checked all the posts but any sign of the latest season being picked up by one of the channels on the sky platform. Since Fox was removed a lot of programmes have moved around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems Disney+ will be showing it now instead of Fox. But since they announced the February lineup and it wasn't on it, it won't be this month.

NCIS Sydney ordered by Paramount+ Australia as a spin off.

Back next Monday, Feb 28.

• Advertisement

And it's a Jimmy centric episode written by Brian Dietzen.

Advertisement