Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuggling with being a Carer! Help.

Options
  • 01-11-2021 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So im struggling with the personal load I have at the moment and its only going to get even more heavy. Im looking for suggestions of positive outlets other than exercise and counselling (already doing).

Brief overview of my life:

1. Senior Manager in Healthcare Sector

2. Partner with two autoimmune diseases whom is very self absorbed and we do not have any relationship currently. Basically friends living in the same house however due to my dumb personality, ive chosen to stay and cater to him.

3. Toddler and currently pregnant

4. Baby with special needs due to be born soon.

All these are my facts and unchangeable in my life so what I need to learn is positive personal outlets to avoid burn out. Nothing jumps to my mind so looking for suggestions of what works for all of you.

Post edited by The Black Oil on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Moved from Psychology. Personal Issues forum charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭SunnySundays

With respect 3 & 4 are unchangeable.

1 & 2 very much are.

You need to get more support from your partner. It wasn't the immaculate conception and he needs to help you more. His conditions may make that more challenging at times and apologies if they restrict him but do you really think he's doing all he can to support you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

OP...you are going to have 2 babies close in age.It's very tough going, speaking from experience.Without knowing what additional needs the baby might have.

I mean, something has to change.As the last poster said, 1 & 2....Something will have to change.You will most lilely be forced into change in the next few years by your circumstances if you don't try to address even just the minor things now.You don't want to reach the point of breakdown before it happens.All the outlets in the world aren't going to prevent that.

Advertisement