Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People kicking my door and running away. Tiktok challenge?

• 01-11-2021 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi. I live out the blackrock/mahon area and this has happened to me twice in the last few weeks. It happened on a Saturday night two weeks ago and I thought it was just random messing but it happened again last night. It is extremely unsettling as the kicks are full force and vibrate the whole house; I am worried they will break the door if it keeps happening.

I did some research online and I'm pretty sure it's related to this tiktok challenge - https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-police-across-uk-are-investigating-a-new-tiktok-heartbeat-challenge-20211028

Has anyone else experienced this in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shame you can't have a Kick up the Hole Tiktok challenge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Been happening since people invented doors, whenever the local scum kids get it into their heads. It could be inspired by this challenge alright but it's not a prank that needs much inspiration

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭theglobe

It's the double kick that makes me pretty sure it's related to the tiktok challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's like a more violent version of runaway knock. They've upped the ante from knocking to kicking!

That kind of behavior isn't new - just more extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

you Could buy a cheapish relatively good quality cam from Amazon … set it up to Catch the next jackass that does it and put it up on TikTok and Facebook with a good description that makes them look like the jackasses they are

• Advertisement

The suggestion is that these folk are filming themselves doing it, anyway. I'm sure they'd only love the victims to film it, too.

And while it may seem like jackass behavior to you or me, no doubt, these kids think the are edgy and hilarious - I don't think trying to embarrassing them will work in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Well the other suggestion I would have is to kick the shite out Of em but that probably be frowned upon 😂😂

Unless you know who they are and talk to their parents, I don't see what else you can do. I'd be pretty angry if someone was kicking my door, too. A householder coming out and giving chase is probably what they really want. I'm sorry I can't offer more help. Hopefully, they'll just tire of it or move elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I remember knocking (with a hand) on doors decades ago now & running away

but the owner of the house chased us & gave us a slap on the back of the head!

We didn't knock on his door again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Lads, this is a two-year-old thread resurrected by what is very, very obviously a bot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

At least they aren't taking a dump in a paper bag, putting the bac in front of the door, setting the bag on fire, ringing the bell and running off.

Advertisement