Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket Refunds/Service Charges

Options
  • 01-11-2021 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been discussed but I can't find anything specific

Does anyone know how Ticketmaster are handling refunds of cancelled/rescheduled gigs and specifically the service charges?

Any gig that's been cancelled so far I've received a full refund for - ie ticket price + service charges

But I recently requested a refund for a gig due to it being rescheduled (Erasure) - I didn't get the service charges back. Tickets for this gig were bought in Sept 2020 so I'm wondering did they not refund the service charge because it was me requesting a refund rather than them cancelling (which I think this is unfair as the date change is out of my control) or if it's something to do with new T&Cs brought in for tickets sold after covid became a thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

I could be incorrect-here, but i recall TM changed their t’s & c’s, such that, for any event booked after, a certain date(mid 2020 i think)the service fees are not refunded, if you request a refund.

A friend took a refund for Stormzy a few weeks ago, and they got the fees refunded in full, but this was originally booked well before the change in t’s & c’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

Thanks for this!! Will be interesting to see what happens with any gigs announced since covid that are cancelled rather than postponed too!

Advertisement