Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Tour to Cat 4 (A4) GCN+

Options
  • 26-10-2021 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Any watch this two part series?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Yeah, was interesting to see how badly they performed (though people in glass houses etc..... :)) but I guess only 1 or 2 had any racing experience. The level of the other competitors in the Cat4 race seemed very high though - did it looked reflective of a Cat4 race over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Raymzor

seemed like a typical a3 / A4 race to me. A decent number of strong/experienced riders got in a break and the bunch failed to worked together to chase.

It did highlight that turbo trainers and power numbers don’t always win races-even flat ones!!!

I thought it was enjoyable/ a bit of craic to be fair.

Did u watch the GCN Reinventing the Wheel? Custom build of a bike for Conor Dunne at 6’8”? It’s the time of year for catching up on TV time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

The guy who reckoned his FTP was 370 watts 🤣🤣🤣. God give me strength. If his FTP is that high and he looked about 70 - 75 kg, how on earth was he not able to get in that break. Even after he missed it, and let it go 50 meters up the road, a one minute effort at 500 or so watts (which should in theory be handy enough for a lad with an FTP of 370) would have gotten him across. He needs to recalibrate his power meter.

The guy with the sprint should have gotten into that break also. Crazy that he didn't. He looked like a strong rider with his head well screwed on too. No bs out of him. Was hoping he'd do well but ultimately lack of experience told there.

I think they should have coached them for the couple of months. It didn't look like they did and just let them off to train their own way.

i agree with everything you said. Also because they had limited experience of riding in a bunch they hadn’t figured out how to conserve energy. The “high FTP guy” was there for himself and not willing to follow the plan-Remco style! I was surprised he didn’t jump into the break and blow up.

the sprinter dude just followed orders-recognising the strong riders and jumping at the right time was lost on all of the “GCN team”.

I thought the three GCN guys in the second bunch would survive much longer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Yeah This was what I was getting at - a guy with an apparent FTP of nearly 400 was dropped and could do nothing about getting up to the 6-7 leaders - I was curious at what their FTP was to be able to stay away

Advertisement