Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

German Imported vehicle registration year

Options
  • 29-10-2021 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

A vehicle that was built say in 2000 and then imported into Ireland in 2003,- wouldn't the Irish log book have 2000 as the year and a 2000 reg plate

Is there any plausible reason it could have a 2003 plate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

It could have sat around for 3 years in a dealer showroom/ storage unregistered, until someone finally decided to buy it/ register it and put it on the road. My own car was built in September 2007 but is a 08 reg as it wasn't registered until March 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

It's my own vehicle, its a motorhome, imported from Germany I know it's a 2002 model / build but it's 2005 reg.

I did a cartel check on it there now and appears you may be right.. First registration was Germany 2005 and imported in 2007, so it was given an Irish reg based on first German reg date. Bit odd it was sitting around for 3 years But as its not a car it's probably more conceivable to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 81,375 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes for a motorhome it could be common for it to remain within a showroom unregistered while that particular model is current and then register it when a newer or refreshed model is on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes. That makes sense. Thanks for the information

Advertisement