Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Term Pricing Structure From Grid

• 28-10-2021 9:05pm

The new smart meter tariffs are alarming. For me it would mean at least a 33% energy cost increase overnight if I was forced to a smart meter. It also will have an effect of the solar and battery setup I will install next year so I want to know where price structure is going.

Why are these tariffs so cripplingly expensive? Why anyone with a night rate and a heat pump (and EV possibly) should change, those making the biggest investments into reducing CO2 and energy consumption are being punished the most.

Should we expect our 8c-9c night rate to disappear by 2024? Is there any prospect of a night rate close to the one I'm on now being introduced in smart meter tariffs?

It's what I rely on to keep energy costs low and it's more than a bit frustrating after installing new heat pumps then be faced with this vast increase in energy costs just a couple of years later. Right now it seems like an excuse to rip people off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭jkforde

obviously nothing will come of venting on here, even if you are preaching to the converted and will gain general sympathy

get on to your TDs, write to the CRU, Dept. of Energy etc, while your enthusiasm lasts...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

Advertisement