Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PCP Mileage Cap

Options
  • 28-10-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I've been meaning to check my purchase agreement with Skoda for ages to see what my mileage limit is and I've discovered that I have just gone over the mileage allowance, with 8 months left on the agreement.

Is there anything can be done about this, such as paying a fixed fee to extend the mileage allowance or am I stuck paying €0.06 per km for the next 8 months?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

6c per km doesn't sound much, how many kms do you expect to do? 10000kms is only 600 euro. It'll be all just part of the trade in dance off at the end of the term I wouldn't personally worry too much about it. Id be just a bit stronger in my negotiations to cover it.

Less than the price of diesel for the same kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

I'll probably put on another 11k or so between now and then, so not mad miles.

You're right probably right though, but it's just a bit of a pain in the stones. Although I should've been keeping a closer eye on it.

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭CoBo55

They only enforce the 6c per km if you're handing the car back, otherwise it's valued on its condition etc like an ordinary trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I honestly wouldn't lose a thought on it, your car is hopefully going to carry a lot of extra unexpected equity over what would have been expected when taking it out in when, mid 2019?

What Skoda it and do you plan to buy it out or, as you posted your concerns, roll over into another pcp?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The joys of the Puckleberry-P...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭mikeecho

AFAIK.. they won't enforce it.

The whole PCP thing is a massive grey area.

They don't want any legal issues that will result in its weaknesses excused exposed.

There's a reason they no longer do hire purchase... Lots of cars were handed back with only 50% payed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Whocare

Unplug speed sensor on the gearbox and drive on ( won't register mileage then)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Everywhere still does hire purchase?

What is the weakness in PCP?

The country was never awash with cars returned to dealers under the half rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,278 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Unless you are handing back and walking away' this mileage won't even come into it.

At 10k over expected, you will be trading in a low mileage car anyway so with that and current climate, expect strong trade in offer giving you deposit to go forward.

Handing the car back is basically handing balls of cash to the dealer so never a good option.

That leaves the option of trading in or buying out the car. Trade in will be valued on overall condition including mileage.

If buying out the car at end of pcp, the mileage is of no concern to anyone's you simply pay the final amount and own it

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

Thanks a lot for the replies folks, ye have put my mind at ease!

• Advertisement

Everywhere does vanilla HP still. PCP is a form of HP and the half rule applies to it also.

Advertisement