Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEO Interview

Options
  • 25-10-2021 5:02pm

Have a HEO interview next week. Can anyone tell me, if I’m doing an example for a competency do I need to keep it to one specific example ? What I mean is for leadership I lead on multiple projects not just one. I would love to briefly mention each one to show them how much I lead on in my current role. The outcomes from all these projects are interlinked so fine on that front. I understand using STAR is best and my time for each answer is still the same as using 1 example.

So,my question is, would I fail a competency if I don’t use a specific example and use multiple instead? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thks

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

tbh, I think you would be better off sticking to the one and making it the best possible one for you. The one that shows your competencies in the best possible way

And then having one or two more as backup incase they ask for more examples.... they probably will.

You could also try and subtly work your leadership competency into your other competencies like ( this project where I worked as the leader, I was part of a team that did analysis stuff! ) badabing, badaboom, 3 competencies in 1!

Cheers thanks a million for that. I was also told to say that I have multiple examples, but if they would like me to stick to one specific one I will. Hopefully that tactic might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yeah, I think its no harm to say you have multiples - they can come back to them afterwards if they want or you can try to raise them before the end also if you can.

it may occur by whatever way they structure some of their questions that you will end up leaving some examples behind and there's nothing you can do about it. Just answer the questions the best you can and work in what you can and good luck with your interview! Prepare as best you can and the rest will sort itself out :D

Done the interview. Didn't get grilled too much on any competency. Starting to wondering if that's a bad sign and they just let me ramble on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have a great deal of experience with leadership, for example X and example Y but the one I would like to speak to you about in detail is Z.

• Advertisement
Advertisement