Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cancelling Annual TaxSaver Leap Card

Options
  • 27-10-2021 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was issued an annual taxsaver leap card last August, but I'm changing jobs soon. My current employer has already deducted the cost of the remaining months from my final salary, and it amounts to €1500 before tax. It seems that these tickets can be cancelled, and a refund issued for the remaining months - I'm not sure why my employer didn't go down this route (or maybe they did and were hoping to just keep both monies...).

Anyone know who is responsible for requesting the refund - myself or my employer?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Employer has to request it. It's refunded on a 10/12ths basis so you lose all discount versus monthly taxsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Thanks. I got on to TaxSaver yesterday who told me the same. My employer doesn't seem to be too keen on helping me with it for some reason. I had to sign a form agreeing to have the cost of the ticket deducted from my final salary should I leave the company before it expires, so that was my mistake. On the other hand, it seems a bit harsh to just expect employees who are leaving to just leave that money on the table.

Advertisement