Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car seat

Options
  • 21-10-2021 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Any advice on fitting a child car seat group 123 in an 09 Fiesta. Seat belt not locking like in newer cars

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

If it's a standard group 1 2 3 seat then the belt should lick in any car regardless if age.

Does the seat belt lock without the car seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭zg3409

Often there are 3 receivers for all 3 positions, 2 next to each other. Check you are using the correct one, not the wrong one right next to it. It may be hidden down in the seat gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some cars have ELR seat belts, which ratchets them once you pull the belt out all the way, that makes fitting non ISOFIX seats way more secure.

Probably because ISOFIX is pretty much standard these days, they don’t bother with these seatbelts anymore.

If you don’t actually have ISOFIX and want it - Im pretty sure you can buy the ISOFIX mountings direct from Ford, it bolts in behind the seat cushion. Ford in their usual penny pinching didn’t make it standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 juliaann

I am sure now the car seat is fixed securely. I'm using the correct receiver and the seat belt does lock without the car seat.

I have since had help as I only ever used the iso fix.

I may still get this though.

Thanks

Advertisement