Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof/Gutter lights on second story

Options
  • 25-10-2021 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to put these up? A normal ladder was needed to put up the ones on the ground floor gutter at the front of the house last year - see the attached. But don't think I have the balls to go up a higher ladder with a fear of heights. Is the best option just to hire someone to put them up? Really want to go all out with lights this year.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Can’t help answer your question. But your ground floor ones look great. What lights are they and what did you use to hook them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

What about putting lights on the inside of upstairs windows or light up images? Those icicle lights are amazing and love the lights on the garden border. I’d love to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

If you are not confident in going up a high ladder then don't do it. Either hire someone to do it or maybe you know a friend or relative who is used to going up ladders?

Only other alternative is to hire a boom lift or a scissor lift for the job, but you would want to be used to using these too. At least you have good solid ground across the front of your house to work from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

We got them in Homestore & More last year, they're a warm white colour. I think they look good on our ground floor because we have them doubled up. They look pretty sparse in a single row.

Advertisement