Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car cover for Irish weather

Options
  • 15-10-2021 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I have bought 4 car covers for my classic which is currently outside.The first one I bought was from Chameleon and had a felt lining with plastic outer layer and was heavy enough to stay put. Months of flogging in the wind will eventually break down these covers no matter how tough unless they are canvas. I do use elastic to keep it from flapping.

The later ones I have bought were all "heavy duty" but turn out to be useless. I go for the higher GSM spec but still they are lightweight and break down quickly. The last one was a Sealey "Best buy cover for 2021" triple layer, breathable, waterproof etc. but when I opened it it was very light and very thin so three layers compressed into nothing. As I put it on the car the breeze just lifted it straight off.

Where can we buy a decent heavy cover that will not blow around - preferably canvas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Interested in advice on this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

I have tested the newest version which leaks like a sieve. I complained to Sealey and they are going to take it back.

Still looking for something suitable.

I once bought a cover supposedly suitable for outdoor usage. UV light turned it in to shreds of plastic within weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

dont know where you guys live that destroys car covers so quickly but I have used a cover-zone storm force for a few seasons on my car and it worked well.

Advertisement