Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I don't get the attraction at all, I'm reminded of that phrase, Bike and not R*****G ,so to speak 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Micheal has the same expression regardless of the occasion too so Anna must have got it from him

Lol ,your so right, he's got the look of a puppy looking for attention, wether being shot at, shooting someone, having a fit or snogging 🤣

The close ups of Amanda's facial expressions also becoming tiresome, I'm sorry to admit, all I'm seeing and thinking of is that birth mark, it's like the director has an obsession with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Riddle me this, Frank is the head of a crime family a Kinahan 'type' character and he has to go cap in hand to his father in jail to get protection in prison for his son ............they literally don't seem to know or have onside another hood in Dublin apart from Bill & Ben who are no longer around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭J.P.1994

I may be missing the point completely here, but I read it that the Frank's situation is more like a Hutch than a Kinahan and like Patsey Hutch who is living under 24 hour garda protection in his home. And if the papers are to be believed lots of the Hutch "friends" and associates took the Kinahan side/money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

What odds now that after Frank's dressing down about not getting his hands dirty, he will be the one to drop Eamonn? Epic foreshadowing there.

And what about the snitching lad? Had he the night off last night?

It's his brother that's in prison.

Every scumbag in Dublin wants to get eamons money, so who would help the kinsellas?

He wasn't missed 😏, up there in the worst performances category. Painful and irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭archfi

I agree with everyone about the Bren character.

5 minutes of actual menace and acting in 7 hours.

I was willing nasty Eamonn to blast 'Birdy' into oblivion, but alas.

The actress playing the mumbling Magician's daughter delivers her lines like a robot - maybe that's a character trait demanded by the writers of the whole Kinsella fambily except Bren who actually managed to move his head, not stare wistfully into the distance and delivered his lines with menace and realism.

I'm beginning to miss the Gillen characters weekly swiping on the 'Cruisr' app since the mishap last week - such a pivotal part of the storyline and all <yawn>

Production company notes should read, if there's to be (and there probably will be) series 2 - start from scratch, Bren and a few more realistic characters upfront, kill the rest of the Kinsellas off, change the writers/showrunner and actually fill the airtime with plot, dialogue, actors who can act and at a minimum, a hint of realism.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭billyhead

She is out of shape. She has from what I see big chunky legs and a big arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

you couldnt call what Anna does acting, wooden, a one size fits all facial expression no matter what the circumstance, and dialogue delivered in a one size fits all monotone, awful stuff.

As for the why are you watching it brigade, i am thoroughly enjoying how bad it is. Especially enjoyed Frank battering the bloke after being humiliated by Bren, so original, never seen that in a gangster movie before.

Birdy goes to meet Eamon supposedly to negotiate a deal and never does? did I miss something there??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭archfi

Birdy goes to meet Eamon supposedly to negotiate a deal and never does? did I miss something there??

But Birdy, well the writers, don't seem to take into account their own writing - only an absolute fool would think going to meet the top druglord in Ireland to pull the old 'we're almost family/known each other so long/he'd never touch me' (and he didn't touch her enough last night)

That's the top druglord who her family robbed of 50 million quids worth of gear, who's being fined 100k per day until he gets the stuff back to keep an international drugslord at bay thereby pretty much ruining his standing in crimeland.

I can understand writers using some absurd devices to generate drama but they've failed every week on that one.

I'll give the writers one thing, the Kinsella family meetings/outcomes are hilarious! Keep the comedy up!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Love the actor playing Bren he was great as Yoren in Game of Thrones

In Nigeria, apparently its considered a fashion accessory 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Bren is the best thing in the show. And the absolute worst is Jimmy, who seems to be attempting to convey menace by channelling a version of Ronnie Drew, whilst meaningfully eyeballing whoever he’s speaking too. He is absolutely appallingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

At least Glen didn’t botch his latest hit. Although at less than 1metre away, against a tortured, beaten, trapped and defenceless victim, he couldn’t really miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Wouldn't you think they'd fix Michael's front door besides taping a bin liner over the panel? If they put a bit of timber on it itself!

He is a marked man after all. I know there is Garda protection but still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I have to laugh at the posters here critiquing the ass of an actress. Moat of ye wouldn't be ridden into battle.

It may the default reply and not very helpful in the context of a discussion forum, but it is also understandable.

If I had a friend who was always complaining about the burgers from a certain restaurant, telling me how much they hated them and how they were the worst burgers ever - shite meat, wooden buns, cliched onions - worse even than the Fair City burgers, I would eventually suggest to my friend that he stops eating "the f...kin... burgers".

But that's just me 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And wouldn't you think that he'd stop answering the door to unexpected visitors.

In fairness to the lad, he has successfully killed three people and only "botched" the one where they hid in the storeroom - not a bad return.

I suppose the kidnapping of the daughter could be considered botched too. His sucess rate now looking not so stellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I thought it was Pheilim Drew at first playing Bren, but then could see your’man was a bit older than Drew. He was very good I have to say, best scene of the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭redn90

don't get how some people still think that gillen's character is based the kinahans. laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It's not. It's based, loosely, on Gerry Hutch. I like Gillen's performance in this. He gives credence to the type of character that's been written. Ciaran Hinds, on the other hand, does not convince at all in his particular role. He fails to convey a real sense of menace and overacts, if anything, with too much wide eyed staring and faux aggressiveness. He needs to tone it down a bit if he survives to season two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Can only echo what's been said about Anna, shocking acting but to be fair I don't watch Fair City and it's probably not much worse than what you'd see on that. I was shocked when explaining to Michael what happened to her with the attempted abduction, she didn't start her sentence with the usual robotic "hi Michael", so that was a welcome change.

Oh and Viking's missus is absolutely not out of shape 😍

Advertisement