Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold courses near Portlaoise

Options
  • 22-10-2021 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a steer on decent golf courses near Portlaoise. Someplace that's not waterlogged this time of year and is a decent track.

I've seen the Heritage, The heath, and Portlaoise GC. Any thoughts on these and any other courses nearby that people would recommend?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Played The Heritage last week and can safely say it was one of the nicest courses I’ve ever played in Ireland.

Was in serious nick to be fair to the groundstaff and it does feel like a 5* experience playing there (and eating there etc). Would recommend.

The Heath is poor (and I’d say same for Mountrath if you’re considering there)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,058 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Garryhinch in Portarlington would be much nicer than the heath, Portlaoise and mountrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Heritage is an excellent course but its tough going so if you're a high handicapper it might not be for you.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Play off 16 and enjoy a challenging course, so Heritage sounds promising.. I'll check out Garryhinch too. Thanks folks.

I've booked the Heritage lads, thanks again 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭Xander10

Just noticed the typo!! 🤣🤣🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I was going to tell you that it was a bit of a hike from PortLaoise to Dungarvan where the Gold Coast Golf Club is. 😂

Advertisement