Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie bins

Options
  • 24-10-2021 6:40pm

Hi all

Just wondering your opinion on wheelie bins when you are terraced. I have mine at the side wall by the converted garage. Just got told the neighbour is mouthing off over it and claiming they can't open their windows. Which is total lies, they just want me to relocate them out of their view. Its all on my property by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Is the problem the smell, maybe? I’m in a semi-d and the neighbour keeps their bins at our shared boundary in the front and I can definitely smell them in my front garden in the summer. Especially because they tend to overfill and leave them ajar. If that’s the problem a good clean would help.

Having said that, if it got to the point that it was bothering me I wouldn’t be moaning to other neighbours about it rather than just asking directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oh my god, the stench off our neighbors bins during the summer is vile.

I have a crowd who come around regularly to wash and deodorise our bins. There's people that wouldn't do it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

We live in a semi D and our neighbours are terraced, they leave their bins right up next to our front door away from their own front door, the smell of dog shite and food waste and the flies it attracts is disgusting, they are the only ones in the estate in terraced houses that do this, I have dropped loads of hints but they just couldn't care less. We cant leave our front door open or the smell makes its way in. We are living here almost 10 years and they have never washed the bins out, I powerwash our bins and bleach them at least 4 times a year

She claims it smells, I clean them about once a month with domestos, they are never full so never overflowing, barely even use them to honest. I got an outside tap installed out the front specifically for cleaning the bins and then for power hosing the drive once or twice a year.

She just doesn't like the bins out the front but i am terraced so have no choice. She has a side entrance so different story for her

I was even considering building up a red brick enclosure but that wasn't till next year

• Advertisement

This neighbour moans about just about everything, even thinks she owns the space across the road from her house

Advertisement