Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With Sami Zayn and afaik Woods having no interest travelling to Saudi it basically means its a Finn vs Jinder final

• Registered Users Posts: 84,788 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That is a shame was hoping Xavier would win, guess Finn is better a winner than Jinder

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

But didn't Saudi's boo Jinder the last time

King Jinder celebrating would irrate the crowd but pure Vinces logic of success

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Vince isn't doing anything that might potentially annoy the Saudis in any way. He needs the plane to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ThePott

I mean didn't Finn post a picture of himself in a pro-LGBT t-shirt while there and post it on Instagram. Doubt that went down well with the House of Saud either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What was with that ending to have Sasha win? I think they should've come out in what they have to wear at Crown Jewel.

Are Nak and Boogs just there to interrupt people?

I'm confused by Carmella's mask. She doesn't seem to use it as a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good Smackdown. The difference between it and Raw isn't even measurable.

Becky/Sasha was very good. Was expecting a DQ/roll-up and it wasn't totally clean but at least it was a finisher and pin. I think Bianca tripped in her heels for the finish.

Tag title match was fun.

Sami/Finn was good.

Don't give a toss about the Queen of the Ring. Rubbish matches with mostly rubbish wrestlers.

It only took them 6 or 7 years but Roman and Brock have finally found a formula for a good feud.

Thought it was a very good Smackdown as well with Sasha and Becky being the highlight. Also happy that Sasha won cause it makes Becky's streak to be less of a factor for Crown Jewel. The ending was botched but was close enough that I could accept it.

The Roman Brock stuff is interesting and the Heyman involvement is great. I'm legit wondering if the belt could go on Brock. If he loses I'm curious what they'll do with him after to be honest. Queen of the Ring hasn't been great really which is a shame.

I don't know if the extra half hour was all that necessary, it did drag a bit more than other weeks for me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ratings for smackdown and rampage and we need to wait until Monday to get final numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

So I guess they’ve dropped “The Man” entirely from Becky and she’s just just Big Time Becks or whatever. There was something to The Man ( for a couple of months of anyway) everything post WM with Ronda has been the drizzling **** and her return post summer slam has been woeful imo. Whatever she’s playing is just painful ron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A woman calling herself "The Man" in Saudi might lead to a plane not taking off for a while after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

SummerSlam was dire for her but the Big Time Becks stuff is winning me over slowly.

Between the increasingly flamboyant fashion sense and her OTT mannerisms, we're basically getting an unacknowledged 2 man power trip with her and Rollins. It's great.

Big Time Becks is much more fun than The Man stuff she was doing before her pregnancy.

The graphic during her entrance is nightmare fuel though.

A title exchange.

"There you go."

"Thanks. Here's yours."

Riveting television.

a title exchange ? Ah ffs lads I mean there’s the fact that Becky never lost the raw woman’s title to play off and could be a good way to get the title back on her. It’s not a **** relay race passing the baton off.

Years and years of Roman doing blue steel in his combat vest when we could've had this Roman. What a waste.

Brock and Roman could keep their feud going, all playing blinders

Guessing Brock is going to win the Rumble and fight Roman at Mania then.

The title exchange was dreadful, especially with Survivor Series Champion vs. Champion coming up, why not use it for a story, nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Just read there about wwe plans for hit row on Smackdown.. Absolutely baffling!

Top dolla getting a singles push and swerve being used in a tag with ashanti.. Wtf

• Advertisement

Sean Sapp is saying there was a beef between Becky and Charlotte backstage after their segment.

A great segment to open the show and probably the worst wrestling segment of the year to close the show. Awful.

Not shocked if that’s the case because I’ve seen segment and I went to teenage discos that were less awkward then that. Surely those two given their position in the company could’ve gone to vince and when told of that idea could’ve used the “okay but what about this..” method and come up with anything else.

Team Becky 4 life.

A title exchange no doubt sucks especially given Survivor Series is up next.

That being said you get on with it at the end of the day. Charlotte's attitude just seemed off from the beginning of the segment and Becky unfortunately reacted.

It's much easier to be petulant than to be professional at the best of times.

Was nice of them to have an occasional match in there. Was it 1 match in the first hour?

Was watching the latest Sammy Guevara vlog and they take the pi$$ out of Hit Row's Top Dolla.

I didn't know they'd fallen out in real life. But yeah whatever that was supposed to be, what actually happened was unprofessional.

Makes me think Nia wasn't entirely to blame for what happened in their match.

Wonder if Charlotte's challenge was planned and Sasha was sent out quicker than planned to break things up.

• Advertisement

I'm far from a Nia fan but I think she was spot on in how she dealt with Charlotte (nearly knocking her out). She got pissy in that match for no reason just like she did last night.

She's just kicking up now to be troublesome, and feeding her sources on social media a positive spin to make herself look like the good guy.

What it comes down to is a Flair being a mark for themselves, imagine that.

Advertisement