Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf shoes- Spikes or spikeless

Options
  • 22-10-2021 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to grab a pair of shoes over the weekend and just got me wondering what the general consensus is regarding spikes vs spikeless shoes?

Any recommendations would be appreciated too. Have my eye on either a pair of Puma Fusion Tech or also FootJoy eComfort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

If you only have one pair get spikes. With the soft ground we get in the winter you want the most grip you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

i have two pair one for summer and spiked waterproofs for winter are a must though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

Definitely go with spikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Don’t skimp out on the shoes you get.

As bad as guff marketing can get for waterproof stuff, it is beyond essential for Golf Shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Alot of spikeless ones aren't waterproof, definitely go spikes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Cheers for the comments. I picked up a pair of waterproof Puma in Mcguirks today. Went with a pair with spikes too. I might pick up a different pair when next summer rolls around.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭twounderpar

I thought most golf clubs don't allow spiked golf shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Advertisement