Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Census Recruitment

• 15-06-2020 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Recruitment started for managers / supervisors. It states they’re closing to applications on Friday or when they reach 1,200.

https://censusrecruitment.cso.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hey folks. Anyone apply for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

I did! Haven’t heard anything yet but I kept an eye and it didn’t close before the Friday so I don’t think they reached 1,200 which is encouraging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Me too! Not heard anything either.

Oh that's ok. Hubbie applied and hasn't heard anything either! Was just checking:)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nicole2020

I’ll update if I do and please do as well :)

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything?

I thought one of the roles starts in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

Is there an Application form to download or do you apply by sending them an email?

maebee wrote: »
    Is there an Application form to download or do you apply by sending them an email?

Competition was through a form on the site. Its closed now. However posts for enumerators will be advertised next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Competition was through a form on the site. Its closed now. However posts for enumerators will be advertised next year.

466 Field Supervisors – September 2020
    Approximately 5,100 Enumerators – December 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

kathleen37 wrote: »

I never heard anything back either. I think they said interviews would be early August so I'm presuming they won't be calling me for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Meke2006

Heard nothing either

Wondering if anyone heard anything in the last month? I know the regional manager roles start 19th October.

As an aside, I was talking to someone last night who works in the HSE and they have people in their department who take leave to do the enumerator roles, which I was actually a bit shocked at...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

I'd say they're still considering if they have to call off the Census because of Covid.

crossman47 wrote: »
    I'd say they're still considering if they have to call off the Census because of Covid.

I hadn't considered that.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tigerpants

Wondering if anyone heard anything in the last month? I know the regional manager roles start 19th October.

As an aside, I was talking to someone last night who works in the HSE and they have people in their department who take leave to do the enumerator roles, which I was actually a bit shocked at...

If it is normal annual leave, I would say fair enough. Its up to you what you do with your time.
    Although census work is mostly in the evenings, when people are at home, so no real need to take leave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I just saw on Twitter that the CSO have pushed the Census back to April 2022. Maybe that's why none of us heard! Shame they didn't send an email out to applicants though.

Someone heard you, I just got an email...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭JoannieG

Has anyone heard from the CSO regarding the April 2021 recruitment for Senior Managers?

JoannieG wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from the CSO regarding the April 2021 recruitment for Senior Managers?

Been called for interview :)

Been called for interview :)

Me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭wench

The Field Supervisor competition will open on Thursday morning

https://www.cso.ie/en/census/census2022fieldforcerecruitment/

Yeah, got the job! Starting on 4th October until the end of May.😁 Any joy for you?

On the panel but no idea where 🙄

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭crinkley

has anyone heard about the field supervisor positions, I know they extended and one of the areas they highlighted was one I live in. Wish now I hadn't rushed my application!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

I haven’t heard back yet! Will let you know if I do. 🤞🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Interviews begin November 1st for at least 2 weeks via zoom.

I would assume I didn’t make the cut. Thanks for this info

Yeah I haven’t heard anything either. Thought they would let you know one way or another

• Advertisement

It’s very unusual not to be let know either way

I just checked my emails when I applied and it states that we will be let know if we have been shortlisted or not for interview, we will be notified by text or email. There might still be hope yet 🤞🤞

I have an interview for the field supervisor role. Can I ask if your interview followed along the same lines as the application?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Does anyone know when the offers for the Field Supervisor positions are due?

I thought the date came and went, but I heard nothing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

They only finished the interviews for them last Friday. So next wk at some point people will be informed.

@Roadtoad hows your garda vetting coming along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭CiboC

I did the interview for Field Supervisor towards the beginning of November, got an email with the vetting invitation and completed it straight away.

Vetting only completed last week, so hoping to hear what the story is shortly......

I did mine straight away too, its still with GVB though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭CiboC

I'm guessing vetting is causing the delay, as far as I recall we were due to be updated at the beginning of last week but I suppose that's not possible until vetting has been done...

Well the job offers are out, I got placed on a panel. Good luck to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I Applied for the CSO, ICT role based in Dublin, I got placed 4th on OOM. Anyone know how long this would take for me to be placed? or if I will be even offered something at all?

I recently just started a new position somewhere else and definitely want the CSO role, but I would like to kick the can down the road a little bit until about March before changing again. It took me so long to find something and then 2 things pop up at once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Acey10

Hi, I'm thinking of applying for the the role of the census enumerator, the application date is extended. Can anyone share their experiences, is it worth doing? Financially? Are households generally cooperative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

I did it part time while working full time during the last census and it's frustrating. A lot of doors aren't answered and you keep having to go back to make contact with the householder. You definitely earn your salary. Some people are also mistrustful of passing on information on the form so you have to try and sweet talk them into it. Also you need to avoid soap time on TV. It's around 7 or 8pm. A lot of people won't answer the door when Fair City, EastEnders etc are on😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Apartment blocks can be a nightmare. Getting access can be difficult and finding out if anyone actually lives in the apartment can also be difficult.

Rural areas possibly easier but you'll be putting up the mileage.

As the poster above said be conscious of whats on TV plus any sporting events and if there is the likes of a bereavement in the area.

Also those electronic gates with the intercom system are a pain in the behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Apartment blocks and rural areas are the worst.

It's paid per form completed and if it takes you 3 or 4 visits to a rural house to get it done it doesn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Anyone hear anything from CSO yet?

Are you referring to the enumerator positions? I wouldn't envisage hearing anything until next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

Oh sorry....I meant the field supervisor positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 butter12

Hi has anyone been offered the position of field supervisor, I was told by email that I was on the panel , I was interviewed then sent a Garda vetting request and then put on a panel but heard nothing else, Does this mean I wasn't first choice for my area and that's that ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement