Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long term hold, best platform?

Options
  • 19-10-2021 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all, I have had a look through some threads, don't quite see an answer to this. I have began dipping my toe into stocks with the intention of holding long term. Any opinions on which platform to use? I currently use Trading 212 and have a Degiro account set up, but not sure if these are best suited. The current plan is to buy in monthly, into non dividend paying companies, and leave it. Is there such a thing as a "safe" way to do this? I suppose, what I'm asking is, is there a figure you have in mind where you say, " I better move my cash out of x and into y. A more secure broker maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 peacock20

Apologies for the bump, can anyone offer any opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'd say most are fairly similar, although if some brokers guarantee your money up to a certain amount, you could then start to spread it out to others. Maybe someone else is more familiar with those platforms that could help, but that's a decent place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 peacock20

Thanks for that. Yeah, I'm a fair bit off needing to spread it out! Thanks

Advertisement