Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

higer capacity battery merc?

Options
  • 20-10-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

hi, currently i have a 70ah battery in my w212 e class, would going to 90ah damage anything or would it be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭celica1994

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭goochy

Ask motor factors ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

As long as the voltage is the same no difference. My C200 has had a higher capacity battery in it a long while with no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

A lot of factory cars had small batteries and factors were told to uprate them .

Look at where battery is going is your one in the boot and have the space for a longer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

No. The ah rating of a battery only refers to how much charge it can hold. So think of it like a slight bigger bucket of electricity than the 70ah one! Within reason, you could fit any amp hour (ah) battery you wanted provided the voltage is the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement