Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Curious Question About Citybin Collection.

Options
  • 20-10-2021 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭

To all folk who get their bins emptied by Citybin, last week I put out the grey bin and it wasn't emptied, I don't know why as there is enough money in my account to afford the direct debit. Was there strike action last week as I see no mention of disputes on the Citybin website. Was checking today and the neighbours had the grey bin out, so I put mine out. Its odd though as they emptied the recycle bin the week before. I'm in Salthill by the way, so if any Citybin customers were affected there, it would be interesting to know.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It was the one week I didn't bother putting the grey bin out as it wasn't even half full so I wasn't arsed. Have the green and brown out today and I hear the truck out around now. Neighbours had their grey out last week too, remember seeing them and the trucks were definitely out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Ring them and ask, or send them an email. They're incredibly helpful. They forgot to collect from me once and sent a truck specially when I contacted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 1BDI

I'm a Citybin customer in Salthill too and this week was grey bin week. Do you not get their text reminders every Tuesday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,422 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No grey was supposed to be last week but didn't happen, green and brown bin emptied the week before.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

The only time they didn't take my bin was when my card had expired. Those were their early days and I'm pretty sure they notified me the last time it expired. Over Christmas I missed a delivery and when I called they volunteered to send a truck around special.

They collect different bins in different parts of the city so just because it's grey bin this week doesn't mean it's grey bin day for everyone in Galway.

Honestly. this doesn't warrant a post when this would have been so much quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 1BDI

I know when my bin collections are! 😏 I get a text from Citybin every Tuesday evening to tell me which bin is being collected the next day. Below are the texts for the last three weeks showing the grey bin was this week.

Advertisement