Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS Fencing grant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I'm only new to sheep this month - any grants for anything available to my likes?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tophat

If you get a contractor to do the TAMS fencing can you also claim the VAT back on the fencing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

tophat wrote: »
    If you get a contractor to do the TAMS fencing can you also claim the VAT back on the fencing ?

Id imagine if you buy the materials you can claim 20% vat back but if the contractor supplies it your only can claim 13.5% back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tophat

Great if you can claim back the VAT on the fencing though, bring down the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭sandman30

tophat wrote: »

Yes, VAT is reclaimable on fencing, so long as it is a new fencing and not repairs.

Also worth noting that contractors are only an allowable expense with TAMS if the contractor is VAT registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Patrick1981

Bought pdm stakes and strainers the other day for tams fence, just noticed today there is no numbers on strainers Was told that they were grant spec strainers when I bought them. Anybody know if these numbers are supposed to be etched into the strainers or are they on a badge that can be nailed on after ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Tileman

They should be stapled onto the post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

As Tileman said, there should be some kinda tag stapled onto the post with a number on it.

You should also have gotten a letter from PDM, with this number on it that states the stakes confirm to whatever spec it is. I think you need this letter for the TAMs application...

Advertisement