Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercom in apartment complex

Options
  • 20-10-2021 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have a question related to who is responsible for the repairs of the intercom.

The intercom system didn't work for a while in our building this year. It was changed to all access doors, and new fobs were issued to owners to access the building.

However, since then, I cannot use the intercom from my apartment to open the doors for visitors.

Management agent claims is a fault in my apartment, therefore I need to organise and pay the intercom company to assess and fix the fault. I was under the assumption the maintenance of the access system is with the management company and the management agent. Is this not correct? I complained to the management agent several times, but no success. Also, they are not very forthcoming, they are not answering emails, deals only over the phone. I've asked to put their answer in an email but they don't want to do it. What else can I do, as an apartment owner?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,706 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Check with neighbours to see of there's are also broken .they may have messed up the legacy system for everyone. However if you find theirs are ok then yes the intercom in your apartment is yours to troubleshoot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Generally in my development an issue with the handset within the apartment is the responsibility of the owner to pay for and an issue with the intercom panel / wiring is a matter for the managment company.

Advertisement