Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hopefully Aphex Twin too, when was the last time he played an indoor gig in Dublin, must've been 2003 I think.

Edit: Phuck!! 2001, It was 20 years since he's done an indoor gig in Ireland.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 324 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just got this email...

Indiependence

After two years off due to obvious reasons, Indiependence returns to Mitchelstown with INDIE22!

INDIE has played host to huge international headliners over the years including Biffy Clyro, Lewis Capaldi, Bastille, Public Enemy, Manic Street Preachers and Editors along with brilliant Irish talent including Hozier, Lyra, Kodaline, The Coronas and Bell X1. 

Early Bird tickets go on sale on Saturday 16 October at 10am but we are delighted to offer an Early Bird Pre Sale option from Thursday October 14th at 10am. 

Just use the promo code INDIE22 to access your Weekend Camping ticket for the Early Bird price of €139 including booking fee using the below "Find tickets" link. 

Instalment Plans are also available in the Presale using the same code and link – full price tickets only available on this option @ €159 plus booking fee paid in 3 instalments.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

With muse touring next summer I'd love to see them pop up at EP if RATM are not booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

Riptide Movement in Rosin Dubh Dec 22nd. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Have the fear a little bit about the 22nd now. Hopefully sense will prevail and they'll sanction full capacity events contingent on production of a vaccine cert. It would be unforgivable to make the events sector carry the can again for the latest spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Absolutely, though hopefully reason will prevail. I think there may be a compromise with full capacity but no alcohol. Hopefully not as the venues need that cash. Also tough for any touring UK band to call off a tour with such short notice. Wedding Present here next week with Billy Bragg and others following soon after. What are these acts, promoters and venues supposed to do if told with a few days notice that their (sold out?) capacity gigs have to remove 30/40% of the attendees? Not feasible and even an out of touch cabinet can grasp this logic.

We know there's no failsafe guarantee with Covid and cases will come from gigs/clubs, etc but with 94% of adults fully vaccinated you really are reducing the chances of transmission already, never mind when a certificate is obligatory for entry. Personally I'd like the vaccine certs to stay in place until Spring alongside masks for public transport and shops and anywhere that certs are not obligatory.

It really is time to jump back into that mosh pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Mick flannery and susan o neill at NCH with orchestra on 18 Nov now available. Selling in pods so should be ok

A gig for 18th November selling in pods?? Do they know something we don't?

• Advertisement

Cautious and smart, hedging bets I assume. Easier to release more tickets later than go through the rigmarole of cancelling or refunding 40% of the tickets (many of whom may not want refunds). I've not seen other venues do that. Yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭endainoz

Word on the street is that the full capacity thing will get pushed back which will be a major headache for any venue that has sold out gigs for November onwards. And any pushback will be at least a month but can see it going over the Christmas period too. I don't think things will go backwards but just a delay on things going forward.

Far more than a headache, Endainoz. I'd say that's a disaster for venues. Not to mention utterly unfair and illogical. They're wall to wall gigs till Christmas, all sold as full capacity events. I'm a patient man but I'll be furious if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

New elbow album alert... nature is healing....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It doesn't make sense to push it back now, sure its student season, if the nightclubs are not going to open I can imagine a thousand house parties be happening which will guarantee more cases anyway, it seems pointless at this stage.

I really regret The Chieftains not playing the Picnic at all, worth seeing in concert if you can get the band themselves without special guests, but alas Paddy Maloney is gone and he was effectively the leader.

The last Irish festival I think they played was the Westport festival about 5 years ago, I was lucky enough to catch them at the Fleadh Mor festival in Waterford in 1993 and it was some fcuking gig, they absolutely rocked.

My brother back in the early eighties was the first in the house to buy, at the time, a new fangled video recorder, predating VHS and Betamax, Philips V2000 which recorded on both sides of the tape or cartridge. Anyway he recorded a concert of The Chieftains live at Glastonbury 1982, I don't know if it was the West Holts stage at the time but I suspect it was the main stage and the gig was early evening so still in daylight. I was absolutely enthralled and so it seemed was all the festival punters at Glastonbury too. They would've been perfect at the Picnic in the late afternoon, either on the main stage or the Body&Soul main stage.

Its actually up on Youtube, the uploader thinks its 1987 but its the one from 1982, preceded by a Late Late Show clip, 1982 is confirmed in the comments by someone who was at that gig.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Exactly this BD, I was in a shop with about 15 people, all distancing & wearing masks, that's great! But fast forward to later that day and that same 20 people in theory could be mixing mask less in a pub, restaurant, cinema or house party.

I promised myself no C**Id talk in the 2022 thread but this doesn't look to be going away!! The dreaded thought of what's going to be different from now and next August crossed my mind again.

Nialler9 had another plea on Instagram, you really must feel for anyone with a stake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭dasdog

25 years since we as the dregs of society mingled with the craziest of Dutch people for a day. Every single person present was out of their heads on drugs - mostly MDMA. Ended up in Amsterdam about 6am and by a lake at lunchtime looking at my feet.

The criminal Justice Bill of 1994 is why rave culture migrated from the UK to mainland Europe. The weed and pills were better suited to be fair.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/33/contents

Post edited by dasdog on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Not everywhere but available in many places @8RadioIreland: ‼️EXCITING NEWS‼️

http://8Radio.com is coming back to FM!!

Starting THIS FRIDAY Oct. 22nd for 5 weekends every Friday to Sunday!! Not only that but we’ll be celebrating our 8th birthday!! Check out the frequencies below!

Save the date !Save the dial!

#Try8Radio #8Turns8 https://twitter.com/8RadioIreland/status/1450002303415726083/photo/1

I wasn't aware they were calling it a day. A huge pity as they're a very good band but I guess that after seven years and only slight success it's hard to keep going. All the best to them and they'll be missed.

• Advertisement

I see all outdoor restrictions are being lifted. I wonder will any crazy promoter try to do any outdoor winter show.

Limerick's Big Top is open year round. The Stunning played there two weeks ago and The Coronas have a couple of gigs in early December. James Vincent McMorrow in April, maybe others will soon be scheduled. Personally I'd love it, wrap up warm and you're fine.

Speaking of Limerick my first Oct 22 reopening gig there on Friday. Sitting down for the Wedding Present. FFS!!! Any tips on how to enjoy that?

I've the weddo on Saturday. I thought I read that the seating will only apply to gigs going forward?

Once we all get one of these, we will be all good

Sorry - i thought that gigs to which tickets are sold and are standing only are going ahead as such. Newly organised gigs will be seated only. That's what i read earlier. Could be bllox

Well I have no idea what's going on. Maybe some clarity will emerge today. Good God, venues must be tearing their hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Mad cool announcement

• Advertisement

^^^^^

€88 per day plus accommodation

Advertisement