Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to hire an Electrician??

Options
  • 15-09-2021 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new business and require a full time electrician for the role.

I'm struggling to figure out what is the best way to hire a qualified electrician. I've posted a job up on Indeed but the candidate quality has been poor.

I also posted on Facebook and again that was a waste of time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find some good fits?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

What does your business do? What kind of electrician are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

We supply and install Solar Pv Panels and EV Chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

And you haven't found anyone that currently works in that kind of speciality? Are the SEAI any use for that kind of thing?

You might be better off posting in the electrical forum, as you would be reaching more people in the trade that can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think you are looking at a recruitment agency if you need an experienced high quality candidate and don’t have the industry links. The labour market is really tight.

you need to think carefully about why an experienced and qualified person would want to work for you and not an established electrical contractors

I’d say you might be better doing a deal with an electrical contractor to get up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You need to engage a recruiter if you're only a start up. I certainly wouldn't use facebook that's the last place I'd be looking for employees.

At the moment it's a struggle to get good guys and even more so if you're not offering a good package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Subcontract them if you can't employ them. Even subcontracting will be tough. Electricians are in demand at the moment, and earning good money.

My company does similar kind of function to you, fitting and installing items on customers premises and we have 3 full time elctricians, we would employ 3 more if we could get them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Did you get sorted? I imagine any trade is extremely difficult right now and may kill most peoples margins.

the solar space is growing no doubt, although seems to be plenty of operators?

😎

Advertisement