Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI request not received

Options
  • 15-10-2021 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

More than two weeks elapsed since decision date shown on a planning file. File also shows decision made to request FI on that decision date.

But nothing either in writing or by email received by the applicant or agent! Is that unusual and would such correspondence be by registered post?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes, it has to be by registered post. So long as the planning authority can show that they posted it before the 8 week deadline then its not its responsibility for delivery after that. However if they didnt send it within 8 weeks then thats a different story.

Is the FI request displayed online and if so who is it addressed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭PMBC

The file online shows it is addressed to the applicant (which was as requested). I suspect hat the correspondence might have been lost in the Covid staff confusion.

Having said that, the FI is broadly positive - change to roof profile, moving entrance door etc. so my query is purely for understanding.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s also possible the FI went out by email.

im getting everything by email currently so check what email address was listed for contact details. DCC and Fingal ask you if correspondence can be sent digitally. SDCC is the same. DLR allowed me to submit FI by email recently too so the whole WFH has softened the process with the LA’s in a good way.

Advertisement