Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft teams query?

• 10-09-2021 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭

I have an interview via microsoft teams next week. I've only used it once and I was sent an e-mail with a link to join. Question is I've no link this time and a couple of people have said to me that I need a link to join the meeting. I have no phone no. or even a name to contact just an e-mail address which hasn't replied (one of Irelands biggest retailers BTW, amateur hour). Do I need a link or can I just open the app and wait for a call like Skype?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

If the other side had set up a teams meeting then a link for the meeting would be generated and should be shared.

You should contact then, and ask them to share the meeting details and associated link/invite

Its probable that the interview time has been set up by one person and the actual teams meeting is expected to be set up by another person (the interviewer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You need to be invited to the meeting. When you are, Teams will send you the link, and it will appear in your Teams calendar. This could be done weeks in advance, but wouldn't be unusual to set up final meeting a day or two before, assume a time/date has been communicated below.

People can call you in teams

I don't think you not having a phone/email of the interviewer is amateur hour. I'd considering it much more amateur if you did have a means to contact them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Cheers lads all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Annascaul

I've often had lots of technical issues with Microsoft Teams. Even though my computer is not that old, Microsoft Teams seems to slow everything down. Connecting into meetings seems to cause issues as well. Like: "We've let others know that you're waiting" but they don't see me waiting. The other issue I also have is the lack of testing. If Microsoft Teams works or doesn't work, I only see that too late, when the meeting is about to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Needs a decent connection. Works better in Edge than Chrome. I use the desktop app, or the mobile. Never have any issues, unless someone has a slow connection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement