Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Revolut app to purchase Bitcoin

Options
  • 14-10-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello, I have a basic Revolut plan. Bitcoin is easy to purchase using the app. I'm planning on getting a few hundred quid worth (small fraction of one Bitcoin). I see their fee is 2.5%.

Is this fee taken on purchase and then again at sell?

Are there any other fees I'm missing?

Fees seem comparable to other companies (Coinbase etc). Any reason why I should go with a company other than Revolut?

I'm aware of the volatile nature of Bitcoin.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Revolut just seems like the handiest option for me.

Thanks.

Post edited by DeWanderer on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭melatonin

yeah fee's on purchase and sales, the main issue as far as i've read and probably misunderstood is that you don't actually own the crypto purchased on Revolut for the most part. You can't withdraw/transfer them out

If it's convenience and you're okay with the fee's personally i don't see any issue with using Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yeah, Revolut is a good option for beginners to get exposure to crypto. Easy to buy and sell but fees and spread between buy & sell prices are quite big.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭borderfox11

What they charge versus the traditional exchanges is a complete ripoff

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

You can transfer Bitcoin from Revolut, fwiw, just not any other crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

This. Can't understand how people are just too lazy to bother taking the few minutes to sign up a new account for a proper exchange, you only need to do it once

• Advertisement
Advertisement