Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WishfullT

Ah great, fingers crossed you get word soon.

I actually only submitted my vetting application this evening, so will see how it goes the next few weeks.

i will update the thread once I hear again.

If you have any questions send me a message, this is my first time to get this far, so I am not that familiar with the whole process, but if I can help or share as I go through it, I’d be happy. ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Hi, I did the etray in June for Sligo and Leitrim. Interviewed at the start of July and I start in my new position on 1st November. I would have started earlier but my current department wouldn't release me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LISAMC38

I believe they have called up to OOM 149 to interview in the Dublin Open Competition. Fingers crossed the next batch is called soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Anybody currently working in the civil service noticed a pay increase?

https://www.forsa.ie/pay-adjustment-kicks-in/

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

If I remember correctly, while the increase came in on October 1st, it won't be reflected on payslips until the 28th (for fortnightly paid) and 22nd for weekly paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Correct, payroll we’re waiting on Circular from DPER before they could administer the increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Thank you I only started but was worrying I was getting left behind 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VitreousLife

Anyone hear any movement on the Dublin Interdepartmental panel??

Colleagues of mine saying numbers 1-10 should be called nearly straight away and I’m just wondering if anyone has heard anything

• Registered Users Posts: 14 VD91

Thanks for this. I thought the same. I was a PCO but DPER said that the scales are different and I was receiving an allowance for been in a dangerous environment which, makes no sense as I saw it previously mentioned in a Dáil PQ which I quoted and so, in what other instance would this ever occur! They wouldn't put the response in writing and my department agreed I should be off scale similar to yourself but DPER disagreed. Can I ask if you did anything in particular to argue this? Thanks again for info! I'm here three years later and would be owed the difference as only recently reached a payscale more than what I was on as a PCO.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Well I researched all the pay circulars. Dealt directly with HEO HR contact in the Department I was joining. Got the exact salary nailed down before I would even sign the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Hi all, long time follower of this thread, some great information. I have received notice that I am being considered for a position, I have a few queries if anyone could help.

1. Is there definitely a requirement to give your current employer as a reference, seems a bit mad, complicated in my instance by being on a contract role that is expiring soon. It normally would be extended but not sure they would be willing to do it now if they know I'm possibly out the door soon. I don't want to be in a position where this process could take another while and in the meantime I don't get offered a contract extension.

2. Does anyone know roughly how long it would take to start in a new role once this information has been asked for?

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ad93

Etray for Laois/Offaly in August, any idea of when results will issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I was asked for current employer. My staff officer was on maternity leave at the time. So I advised them that I preferred if they wudnt contact them. They relented and accepted alternative Referees.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

They will generally look for references from a current employer, do you have a former manager you could ask or a previous employer? If you let them know your circumstances and offer an alternative they may be accommodating.

Once references have been checked it moves fairly quickly, you'll go through clearance, sign various declarations and - all going well - receive an offer within a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Can someone shed light on this...I'm not sure I understand how this can be on the OOM??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Miss.Susie

I was contacted yesterday to say that I'm under consideration for a position but that it's more than 45kms from my home address so I can defer. If I want to take it I have until 12pm on Friday (tomorrow) to send through all documentation. Since applying for the job I've moved address so I emailed back to ask where the job is located. No response in almost 24 hours. Does anyone know of an email address that is responsive?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭furrybones

I have always gotten a quick response from LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie 

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Blueskies2019

It is the number of people called to stage 2, Not sure about Wicklow, but Wexford have called around 13 people from Stage 2 (open) to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ciaran_gell

Hi Lads,

Had my interview on the 27th of September, got told about my OOM mid- the 50s, and got an email from clearance informing I was under consideration for a position this morning 15/10/21. I am in batch 3.1 in Dublin, hope that helps anyone looking to see how fast things progress.

I have a few questions that I hope can be answered, I was provisionally allocated to a position with the Gardaí,

What kind of work would an EO be doing with the Gardaí, is it an admin role in the park or is it possible I could be placed in a station?

Do typical civil service hours and conditions apply if I am an EO in the guards, I have a friend who is a guard himself and he said some of their admin staff do 7 am-7 pm four days on four days off. I wouldn't be eager to do so but would like to know if it would be possible, to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dramaqueeny

Have you had your interview? Seems to be extremely slow. I'm waiting on interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MCBrowne

Has anyone had any update from the Etray that was due the 25th of August- or around that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Fiona Marie

I did an etray on the 25th of August and still haven’t received any results

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

It would be an admin role, could either be in the park, in a station or they have offices in Capel Street and Harcourt Square as well as Westmanstown and Ashtown Gate. There are a lot of vacancies at EO level in the guards and HR are fairly good at placing you in a location that is convenient to you. You'll be doing normal civil service hours with flexi time. Any of the shift roles you have to apply for so you needn't worry about landed into a role like that without any say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MCBrowne

I emailed and they said mid October. Hate the waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pinkpetal26

Anyone who has started how much money do you come out with after tax deductions etc? I know it’s every 2 weeks. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Danger3000

Hi.

I have just been notified that I am being assigned to The Department of Social Protection in Dublin. It wouldn't have been my first choice but I am just pleased to be getting started. Does anyone on here know what kind of work an EO is likely to end up doing or anyone who has any experience have any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

There was a great post (perhaps much) earlier in the thread with some comments and details regarding interview questions, but I can't seem to find it now... anyone have a link to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭VitreousLife

i’ve been reached in my batch for clearance - forms sent off just there today; any one any idea how long clearance can take?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Executive officer (PPC)

31,384 – 33,177 – 34,189 – 36,164 – 37,936 – 39,648 – 41,354 – 43,025 – 44,713 – 46,353 – 48,046  – 49,166 – LSI 1 50, 762 – LSI 2 52,370²

Yearly take-home salary

€ 26,437

Monthly take-home salary

€ 2,203

https://salaryaftertax.com/ie/salary-calculator

Payslip every two weeks approx €1,016. (Calculations do not include Pension deductions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Gracepearl

can I ask were you on the open or interdepartmental panel for Dublin region?

I placed in low 60s OOM following my interview on 30th September, I thought I’d be waiting till the new year to hear more but it could be soon if they’re getting through the numbers that fast!

also a bit concerned about them contacting my current employer before I know what department I’m being assigned to, has anyone requested that they do not contact current employer prior to accepting the post?

thanks & congrats on your placement 👍🏻

Advertisement