Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Budget 2022 - Motor Tax left untouched?

Options
  • 12-10-2021 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've read the documents and tired to search boards.ie but the new layout is so limited in its capacity to search or sort topics and threads anymore.

I can't find anything on Motor Tax bar it being mentioned on the VRT increase section yet specifically no mention of whether it's impacted or not.

Have they spared us this year given that we're already being hit on VRT, Fuel Costs and associated expenses?

Thanks all. Apologies if already mentioned.

EDIT: I'm getting flashbacks to that year when motor tax wasn't mentioned only for it to be heaped on the motorist the day after by the then Minister of the Environment.

Comments

We'll find out next week in the Finance Act

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The VRT on new cars goes up from Januarary next year. It goes up in some bands by about 1per cent. It went up for bands 9 to 13 by 1pc band 13 to 15 by 2pc and band in the 16 to 20 band group the most polluting of all cars they face a 4pc hike.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement