Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix 10% off 7th-11 October on spends over €50

Options
  • 07-10-2021 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Use code SF10

10% Off:

10% Off offer valid between 7th October 2021 to 23:59 on 11th October 2021. Whilst stocks last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Thanks OP, came in very handy today!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Whats the craic with import duties? Their stuff all comes from the UK, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It still ships from the UK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

There is screwfix shops popping up all over the country, makes click and collect very handy.

As pointed out earlier the discount is available on the .ie site so no issues with import fees.

• Advertisement

The .ie site still often ships from the UK.

Surely it doesn’t matter what domain they use. If they ship from the UK, it’s still outside the EU and subject to import charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Totally and utterly incorrect.

They ship from the UK with vat and duty fully paid. Just like many many UK companies that have properly set up their systems for selling into Ireland. - example is a small company called Amazon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That's the answer I was looking for. It just took a while to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Or free delivery if you spend over €50. That's their standard offer, not part of this deal.

That is 100% incorrect. Once Irish tax is fully paid at purchase, as is the case with Screwfix.ie, it doesn't matter where it's shipped from. All of their deliveries come from UK.

"BREXIT DISRUPTION – Service Update – 30.07.2021

Screwfix Ireland is a registered Irish business with stores open across the country, with more to come. When purchasing products for home delivery from our Irish website, screwfix.ie, the products are dispatched from our UK based distribution centre. This is done to ensure we can offer as many products as possible to our Irish customers at really great prices.

We have been working hard, along with our delivery partners to ensure all parcels clear through the UK and Irish customs, with the majority of orders, now clearing with no delays. Unfortunately, there has been a small number of cases where parcels have had delays and in some circumstances we have been unable to deliver an item. If your order is affected by this we will contact you. Please note that you will not be charged any additional duties or delivery charges.

On average orders are taking a minimum of 4-5 working days delivery."

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement

Ended up buying a couple of power tools with the click and collect option. Saved about €120. Another power tool I wanted was put of stock on both collect and delivery. But I'm happy enough!

Thanks for the heads up and the follow up info on shipping/charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭amacca

Went as far as purchasing, asked for 2 factor code which it got then screwfix site has the gall to tell me there are no items to purchase in the order????

The list of items to purchase was above, thats why I got as far as placing the order. Their loss.....Companies shouldnt have you struggling to give them money imo.

Hate Amazon or not...that type of inexplicable **** never happens on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Had same issue with payment last night - let me through the authorisation page with my bank before giving an error about no items in my basket, at the bottom of a long page listing all the items in my basket!

Went back in this evening and went through checkout again - this time it didn't send the usual push notification to my phone to authorise the payment, but looks like it completed successfully.

I agree it was a pain, but they are so much cheaper on some items than some other shops - it's just a shame you can't get any of the paints or other chemicals they do so cheaply delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

I put a good few orders through without issue, but I was using Paypal.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yeah I had to use PayPal too.

Advertisement