Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sell private to pay PCP

Options
  • 10-10-2021 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Want new car in Jan 2022 and have PCP currently which will have run 2 years by end of 2021

Getting trade in offers with no equity from greedy main dealers - if I sell private would get between 5 - 6 k surplus cash after PCP balance paid off.

Do PCP companies - BOI in my case have any problems in customers selling private to pay off PCP balance?

Is it a case of getting their prior consent to do so and having it in writing etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

You'll have hassle selling a car privately with finance owing, you'd want to be upfront with buyer about your intentions.

Apart from that, your numbers sound a bit off without details my first reaction is that a private buyer will not stump up 5 to 6k more than a trade in offer. What car is it and what are you looking to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JansheerKahn

Auction house will pay €20k cash - stated so this week if I sell.

PCP has roughly €14k outstanding in Jan and dealers would only give this amount and nothing on top.

Therefore my logic is sell same to auction house (who are aware of PCP finance) and I will be in better position.

Car is Honda Civic

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You should be able to beat what an auction company will guarantee you as realistically that figure they guarantee is one they know they can achieve in the first auction they run - i.e. a very poor offer usually.

Try more dealers. That's a joke of a markup the dealers are trying to make. You can go to any garage of any brand to trade in your car so worth shopping around.

Honda dealer will give me a good deal.

I am looking to step up in class - it is BMW and Audi who are giving these terrible offers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That explains it. Bmw are known to be super greedy. Audi Abit better.

Even if you sell and go on to buy with no trade in, I'd drive straight past both of them considering they tried to take you for a ride.

• Advertisement

Any experience with Peugeot dealers in terms of fairness re trade in values? - 508 looks a fine car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

Try zucar.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭beachhead

Hello again

Advertisement