Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW X5 PHEV

Options
  • 09-10-2021 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Troubleshoot help

i bought a new X5 45e, gets around 80k on full charge however whatever settings have changed it now limits to 60k on full charge??

ive checked the battery control settings which are at 100%

thought / advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

Colder weather will affect battery range

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

I don’t think it’s the weather impacting range, it charges to bang on 60k every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Regardless of whether it was saying 80km or 60km, what were you actually getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

A little less than 60

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭kaahooters

so, theestimated range was 80km when the car was new.

its now 60 km,

and your getting, and always ahve got just under 60km ev range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The range is a guessometer based on the past driving.

If you drive 50-100km of slower around town driving you'll get the GOM back up to 80 or more.

It's completely irrelevant. Your actual range has not changed. You still have ~20kWh usable (unless you're in the US in which case you have 17kWh)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭collsoft

I have mine since September 2020 and I have never had an estimated range of 80KM at fully charged.

Occasionally I might see 70, but usually Im seeing around 60 - 62.

And as @jesus_thats_gre suggested - the actual range could be very different.

Overall Im very happy with what Im getting out of mine.

My daily driving is just under 50KM so most days Im on electric only.

Currently I have 11.8K Km since I took delivery and 6.4K Km have been electric - thats 54% and Im showing 52.5 mpg

However, I got caught up in the battery recall so for 3 months I was not allowed to charge the car (as instructed by BMW) and I was driving on petrol.

I got the all clear at the end of February and now my numbers are way better.

Since then I have 8.7K Km total, with 6.5K Km electric - 75% electric with an MPG of 85mpg

Advertisement