Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike storage solution

Options
  • 22-09-2021 6:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Renovating old house in Dublin 8, which involves back extension and landscaping of back garden. Large front garden not being touched by builders.

I am a cyclist and will be living with cyclists and want secure storage solution. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

A house near us has a small shelter in the front garden. And 4-5 feet high and with a green roof. Almost completely hidden from view by the front hedge. Bikes seem to be locked to the corner posts. I think it looks like a great solution but maybe not for a very high value bike or in a particular theft prone area. A few others near us have combined wheelie bin covers and locked bike shelters of varying degrees of attractiveness depending on the finishes used.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

Thanks! I'm going to probably go with bike stands in poured concrete out the back (or bolted into concrete).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I'm in the same situation, looking for a bike shelter thats not a big shed.

I came across bikeshel the other day

Bike Shel for Protective Bicycle Storage

Not cheap and would need a concrete base

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

About €1,500 for a 4 berth in basic black colour and €1,000 for the 2 berth in black

• Advertisement
Advertisement